Happy New Year!
Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
COVID 19 updates
- The fall confirmed cases data has been archived. New daily data will be posted.
- Masking Policy was updated in December. Masks are required inside all university facilities – hallways, classrooms, labs, etc.
- Return to campus and Travel policy was extended through March 31, 2021.
- Bottom line – University travel outside of the state of Missouri is not allowed. This includes all professional conferences.
- Exceptions are possible with permission of the dean. – The only exceptions that I have granted is for funded research outside the state.
- Classroom management/syllabus information will be coming from the provost’s office soon. This will include information about seating charts and a statement about flexibility in delivery. The pandemic is not over and we must all remain vigilant this semester. Intersession classes are meeting this week. Spring 2021 classes start on Monday, January 11.
- Vaccinations – There are many, many people working to ensure that we (faculty, staff, teaching assistants, per course faculty) have the opportunity to receive a vaccine. Speculation is that it could be available for us in the next six weeks but timing is unknown at this time. As I learn of information – I will share it with you.
- Faculty/Staff members may submit a request to decline Custodial service in their individual office for the spring semester. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/facilities/2021/01/05/spring-2021-office-cleaning/
Three Minute Thesis – It is time to prepare your graduate students for the three minute thesis competition. Each college is only allowed to submit a limited number to the university competition that will be held on Friday evening, February 5. The CNAS competition will occur on Monday, January 25 from 4-6 PM. For competition rules and other information go to – 3 Minute Thesis – New and Current Students – Graduate College – Missouri State University All CNAS students interested in competing must let the CNAS office know by noon on January 21 so we can prepare a schedule. The single powerpoint slide required for the competition must be submitted by 10:00 AM on Monday, January 25 to Gale Lininger in the CNAS office.
There will be a University Town Hall Meeting – 3:00 PM Friday, January 15. You will receive an invitation with the zoom link in the near future. All Covid-19 information will be shared at this meeting as well as the plan to move through the semester. There will be an opportunity to people to ask questions.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, January 29, Temple 002. By Michael L. Delk (1984 MSU Alumnus) Planning, Assistant City Manager, City of Clearwater, Florida. Will discuss guiding principles to a successful career path.
Recent news from the college:
- Missouri State receives $4 million grant for computer science education
- Travel and spending plans for New Year’s
- Missouri State, Bluefields Peoples Community Association enter partnership
- Connecting passions for the planetary sciences
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Free Faculty and Staff Portraits are now being scheduled the second Tuesday or each month from 9 AM to 12 PM in Meyer Alumni Center room 504. Scheduled dates are set through December 2021.
MLK Day – Monday January 18, no classes/offices close. MLK Day March – Details TBD
Spring Career Fair Week – A week of virtual career fairs hosted by the MSU Career Center – February 9-12, 2021.
|Jan 7||Staff Senate Meeting – 11 AM to 12 PM, Glass Hall 353|
|Jan 11||Spring 2021 classes begin|
|Jan 18||MLK Holiday – no classes, offices closed|
|Jan 19||Intersession grades must be entered by 2 PM|
|Jan 25||CNAS 3 Minute Thesis competition|
|Jan 30||All ADPs must be completed|
|Feb 1||Faculty Research Grant proposals due|
|Feb 5||3 Minute Thesis competition (university-wide)|
|Feb 15||President’s day holiday – no classes, offices closed|