Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Spring 2021 Academic Advisor Forum Series. Please plan to attend these events. They do count towards keeping your Master Advisor status. The first one is on Tuesday, February 2.
February is Black History Month. The schedule, see BHM 2021, and I hope that you will not only share it with your students but plan to attend one event as well. I have found a couple of events that I will attend.
FCTL is holding Zoom training sessions. Learn how to use more of the features available for teaching with Zoom! Multiple sessions are available.
Spring Career Fair Week – A week of virtual career fairs hosted by the MSU Career Center – February 9-12, 2021. Please encourage your students to participate. Career Fair preparation workshop information
On February 11, Dr. Helen Sword from University of Auckland will be leading a writing workshop at 1:00 via Zoom for all faculty. Registration is required. If you register you get a copy of her book “Air & Light &Time & Space – How Successful Academics Write”
Nominations for CNAS annual awards needed by Friday April 2. For more information please review the CNAS Awards Policy.
Carrie’s Café is open! Order online and pick up at the café!
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, February 3, LIBR 101. By Scott Workman, Missouri State Highway Patrol – presenting on Forensic laboratories
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, February 5, Temple 003. By Dr. Jordan Wilson, USGS Research Hydrologist, “Modeling Aquaculture and Irrigation Water Use in the Mississippi Alluvial Plain”
- PAMS – 12:00-1:00 PM, Thursday, February 11, via Zoom. By Dr. Oliver Grant, University of Georgia, “Virus-Receptor Interactions of Glycosylated SARS-CoV-2 Spike and Human ACE2 Receptor”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, February 12, Temple 002. By Desiree Powell, planning technician with the city of Grand Prairie, Texas. Discussing how a city planner can focus on “the notion of planning with the people being served, not for them”.
Recent news from the college:
- Congratulations to Dr. Razib Iqbal
- Building employee trust during crises
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Apply for a Faculty Assessment of Student Learning Grant!
Diversity Training for all Faculty and Staff is now available –
- Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Workforce Diversity – Next session April 9
- Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Gender Diversity – Next session March 4
- Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Implicit Bias – Next session April 8.
Free Faculty and Staff Portraits are now being scheduled the second Tuesday or each month from 9 AM to 12 PM in Meyer Alumni Center room 504. Scheduled dates are set through December 2021.
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Registration and Abstract Submission – Abstracts are due March 19, 2021
Undergraduate students from MSU are “free” as MSU is an institutional member.
MAS Publication – Transactions
|Feb 5||3 Minute Thesis competition (university-wide)|
|Feb 15||President’s day holiday – no classes, offices closed|
|Feb 27||Science Olympiad – Virtual Competition (no one will be on MSU campus for this event)|
|March 1-5||OSEF Judging Junior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 8-12||OSEF Judging Senior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 13-21||Spring Break|
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.