CNAS Faculty and Staff – I appreciate your resilience. I appreciate the many hours you spend with students. I appreciate your willingness to serve others by checking in with your students. Tammy
Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe. As you run into staff from facilities, grounds, safety or custodial services on campus – please tell them thank you! They have been working diligently on our campus to keep our spaces safe and warm and with power! I know that the cold and snow has been an extra challenge for each one of us. Thank you for all you do for the students at Missouri State University.
GEP101 will be first block only class (blended) for the fall of 2021 – Face-to-face two days/week for the 8 weeks and the rest is online. Instructor applications – Instructor Recruitment – First-Year Programs – Center for Academic Success and Transition – Missouri State University
Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair (OSEF) is virtual this year. Judging will happen via zoom. You can sign up for a 3 hour block Mar 1-12 (both junior and senior divisions). I encourage you to sign up. I did!!! I also encourage you to find a graduate student or a senior undergraduate student to sign up as well as it is a great experience for them! All of the information is in the Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair 2021 link if you have questions.
FCTL is holding Zoom training sessions. Learn how to use more of the features available for teaching with Zoom! Multiple sessions are available.
Nominations for CNAS annual awards needed by Friday April 2. For more information please review the CNAS Awards Policy.
Carrie’s Café is open! Order online and pick up at the café!
- CSC – 11:15 AM-12:15 PM, Monday, February 22, via Zoom. By Jess Koch and Noah Baumann (both MSU Alumnus). Both work for and will be discussing Koch Industries – including internship information.
- CHM – 3:35 PM-4:35 PM, Wednesday, February 24, via Zoom. By Dr. Weiwei Xie, Rutgers University, “Chemistry Perspectives to Novel Quantum Materials”
- GGP – 2:30 PM-3:30 PM, Friday, February 26, Temple 002. By Dr. Christen Shelton, Rogers State University Oklahoma, “Introspective Knowledge of Caseidae”
Recent news from the college:
- What’s the threat of warmer weather to farming in Missouri?
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Registration and Abstract Submission – Abstracts are due March 19, 2021
Undergraduate students from MSU are “free” as MSU is an institutional member.
MAS Publication – Transactions
|Feb 27||Science Olympiad – Virtual Competition (no one will be on MSU campus for this event)|
|March 1-5||OSEF Judging Junior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 8-12||OSEF Judging Senior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 13-21||Spring Break|
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|