Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
GEP101 will be first block only class (blended) for the fall of 2021 – Face-to-face two days/week for the 8 weeks and the rest is online. Instructor applications are due March 10 – Instructor Recruitment – First-Year Programs – Center for Academic Success and Transition – Missouri State University
Spring 2021 Academic Advisor Forum Series. Please plan to attend these events. They do count towards keeping your Master Advisor status. The next session is today at 12 PM!
Mar 1-5 OSEF Judging Junior Division
(OSEF = Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair)
Mar 8-12 OSEF Judging Senior Division
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Registration and Abstract Submission – Abstracts are due March 19, 2021
Undergraduate students from MSU are “free” as MSU is an institutional member.
MAS Publication – Transactions
Carrie’s Café is open through March 30! Order online and pick up in Pummill Hall – Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- MTH – 3:00-4:00 PM, Tuesday, March 2, via ZOOM. By Dr. Peter Kuchment, Texas A&M, “Nodal Patterns Mysteries”
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, March 3, via Zoom. By Dr. Aaron Rossini, Iowa State University, “Sensitizing Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy for the Atomic Level Characterization of Surfaces”.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, March 4, via Zoom. By Dr. Robert Baker, Ohio State University, “Watching Electrons Move at Interfaces: Visualizing Charge and Spin Dynamics Using Ultrafast XUV Spectroscopy”.
- CSC – 9:05-10:05 AM, Wednesday, March 10, via Zoom. By Melissa Crouch, Sprint. Will discuss her work, skills to be successful, and the industry as of today.
Recent news from the college:
- What’s the threat of warmer weather to farming in Missouri?
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Spring Commencement information
|March 4||Staff Senate, Glass Hall 353, 11 AM – 12 PM|
|March 1-5||OSEF Judging Junior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 8-12||OSEF Judging Senior Division – Sign up to be a virtual judge|
|March 13-21||Spring Break|
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
|April 27-May3||Spring CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium (Virtual)
Abstracts, Posters, and Videos uploaded April 27.
More info will be available by March 22.
|May 1||Einhellig IDF Graduate Research Symposium
Details will be posted on the graduate college website.
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.