Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
THIS WEEK – Don’t miss out on the CNAS Food Drive Social event taking place April 15 from 3:30 to 5 PM at the Temple Hall Courtyard. All faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend – but don’t forget your donations!
Six of our MoLSAMP research scholars presented at the virtual alliance symposium this past weekend. https://molsamp.wustl.edu/undergraduate-research-symposium/
MSU students earned three of the top five awards!!! Congratulations students, faculty research mentors and PI – Dr. Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi! (More details will be posted soon.)
Submissions for the Einhellig Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum are due by April 15. Details posted.
Submissions for the CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium are due April 27. Presenter Instructions
DIVERSITY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES –
April 21 – 9:30-11:00 AM Symposium sponsored by Harris-Stowe.
Collaborative Diversity Conference – April 22, the conference is free for all and will be held virtually. Please consider attending!
Impact Summit: College Student Mental Health Conference, April 28, 2021.
Missouri State University Faculty and Staff can utilize their non-credit fee waiver to register for the Impact Summit. Visit my.missouristate.edu, choose the Profile tab then click on the My Learning Connection tab. Then search for 2021 Impact Summit: College Student Mental Health Conference and register. Cost is $10.00
Advising Workshops –
Advising Basics Workshop on Monday, May 17th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-basics-workshop.aspx
Master Advisor Workshop on Monday, May 17th and Tuesday, May 18th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-workshops.aspx (lunch provided on Tuesday)
Three remaining advisor forums in spring 2021 – April 28, May 3, and May 5! https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/forum-schedule.htm. As a reminder, to maintain master advisor designation, three hours must be completed by the end of the academic year
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, April 14, Library 101. By current MSU CHM graduate students Tyler Odom (“Computationally Aided Design and Synthesis of a Photoresponsive Coiled-Coil Peptide Bundle”) and Manuel Meyer (“Complete Review of the Pyrolysis of Biodiesels as an alternative energy resource”)
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, April 16, Temple 002. By Bob Schellhorn (seismic reflection survey specialist with 30+ years and MSU alumnus). Bob will be presenting on his experiences in hiring, interning and mentoring hundreds of students.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, April 23, Temple 002. By Joe Gillman, Director and state geologist of the Missouri Geological Survey (MO Department of Natural Resources). Joe will be presenting on critical minerals essential for current and emerging technology in energy, communications, and national defense.
Recent news from the college:
- CNAS video produced by Locke and Stache recognized by the American Advertising Federation in the Heartland region
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
|April 27-May3||Spring CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium (Virtual)Abstracts, Posters, and Videos uploaded April 27.Judging April 29-30.
All Materials are due by April 27.
Judging April 29-30
Awards Ceremony 4:00 PM – May 3
|May 1||Einhellig IDF Graduate Research Symposium Details will be posted on the graduate college website.|
|May 3||4:00 PM – Awards Ceremony for Spring Research Symposium (zoom)|
|May 5||CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Ceremony at 3:00 PM in CARR 208|
|May 7||Study Day|
|May 8||Springfield Clean Green Volunteer Event (8 AM – Noon)|
|May 8-13||Finals Week|
|May 13-14||Spring Commencement (CNAS is 1:00 PM on Friday, May 14)|
|May 17||Staff Appreciation Week|
|June 7||Summer Session Begins|
|June 7||SOAR begins – Daily sessions (M-R) from now through July 28|
|June 25||BSFS New Facility Open House|
|June 25 & July 23||Summer Visit Days (Recruitment)|