Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Congratulations to all CNAS Faculty and Staff Award Winners! The CNAS Faculty and Staff awards 2021 slides are linked and we will be updating our website this week.
You my still visit ForagerOne to read undergraduate and graduate student virtual presentations. To access and view the student research posters – go to ForagerOne.
President Smart’s BBQ – Free for all students (just need to show BearPass ID)! The event will take place at the North Mall & Blair-Shannon Front Lawn Monday May 10 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM – have your students swing by to see the administration leaders and enjoy food, music, giveaways and games.
Spring Commencement is this Thursday and Friday, May 13 & 14. CNAS students will be taking part in the 1 PM commencement on Friday.
Recent news from the college:
- Science Bears find growth in their field and friendship
- Finding patterns among planets, shaping knowledge of life beyond Earth
- Congratulations to Kyoungtae Kim
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Advising Workshops –
Advising Basics Workshop on Monday, May 17th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-basics-workshop.aspx
Master Advisor Workshop on Monday, May 17th and Tuesday, May 18th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-workshops.aspx (lunch provided on Tuesday)
Campus System Upgrades taking place on Saturday May 22 – please review this information and plan accordingly!
Systems Upgrade Day therefore the following will be unavailable:
- 12:01 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. – Internet for Springfield, West Plains and Mountain Grove campuses will be unavailable.
- 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Maintenance will be performed on the Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) that powers all servers in the Cheek Hall Computing Center. Users of the network and computing resources are encouraged to plan accordingly and not depend on uninterrupted services.
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Maintenance will be performed on the campus wireless system that could cause wireless networks to be unavailable to the Springfield, West Plains and Mountain Grove campuses o Most of the University’s computer systems will be down. There will be little or no impact to the following systems: University networks, MSU homepage, Office 365, email services, video surveillance systems, and electronic door access systems.
- Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Stacey Tune directly at 417-836-6555 or via email at StaceyTune@MissouriState.edu
Building fire alarm inspections/tests will be taking place over the summer. Inspections will begin at 5 PM and end at 3 AM the next morning, audible alarm testing will not occur before 9 PM.
- June 1 – Cheek Hall
- June 6 – Kemper Hall
- June 15 – Plaster Center
- June 16 – King St Annex
- June 17 – Plaster Sports Complex
- June 8 – Pummill Hall
- June 21 – Temple Hall
|May 8-13||Finals Week|
|May 13-14||Spring Commencement (CNAS is 1:00 PM on Friday, May 14)|
|May 17||Staff Appreciation Week|
|June 7||Summer Session Begins|
|June 7||SOAR begins – Daily sessions (M-R) from now through July 28|
|June 25||BSFS New Facility Open House|
|June 25 & July 23||Summer Visit Days (Recruitment)|
|July 30||End of summer session|
|August 16||New Faculty Orientation|
|August 16||New Grad Student Orientation|
|August 17||New TA Orientation|
|August 18||Showcase on Teaching and Learning Event|
|August 19||All Faculty Welcome Back Lunch 11:30AM-1:00PM – PSU Grand Ballroom|
|August 20||STEM LLC Social Event at 3:00 PM – northside of Temple Hall|
|August 23||First day of fall classes|
|August 23||CNAS All-Faculty Meeting at 3:30-5:00 PM, Clif and Frank will join us|
|September 1||CNAS Student Expo – Bear Head Plaza from 11AM to 1 PM|