Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Upcoming Due Dates
CNAS Faculty and Staff Awards – Nominations for the different CNAS faculty and staff awards are now due by 3:00 PM, April 8. Please note deadline extensions for 2022. Awards Policy
CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium abstracts due April 27 – see attached call for presentations
Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum abstracts due April 15.
Seminars & Upcoming Events
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Tuesday, March 29 in Kemper 206. By Sharif Uddin, PAMS Graduate Student, “A Study of Bimagnetic CoO/NiFe2O4 Heterostructured Nanoparticles”
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, March 30 in Meyer Library 101. By Dr. Jacinta Mutambuki, Oklahoma State University, “Explicit Teaching of Metacognitive Strategies Improves Performance and Study Strategies of General Chemistry Students”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, March 31 via Zoom. By Dr. Soumitra SenGupta, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science, “Gravitational Wave: The Song of the Cosmos”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, April 1 in Temple 002. By Dr Aída Guhlincozzi, University of Missouri, “Qualitative GIScience and Latina Health Geographies in the Chicago Suburbs”
- April 4-5 seminars – See attached flyer.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, April 7 via Zoom. By Dr. Xiaobo Chen, University of Missouri-Kansas City, “Chasing Clean Energy and Environment Dream with Nanoscience”
- CSC – 12:20-1:20PM, Friday, April 8 via Zoom. By Seth Malone, Solutions Architect for AWS – and MSU alumnus
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, April 8 in Temple 002. By Seth Harrell, MSU alumnus, “When You Can See Down the River, but You Can’t See Around the Bend”
Spring 2022 Academic Advisor Forum Series – See attached flyer. Next sessions are taking place May 3 and 4.
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Science Olympiad and OSEF
State Science Olympiad – MSU is hosting the State Science Olympiad this year! If you are interested in helping out – either as an event leader, or as a volunteer – please reach out to Dylan Welker (DylanWelker@MissouriState.edu) and let him know. This is taking place Saturday April 9.
OSEF is this week. Hope to see you there.
Miscellaneous News & Events
Public Affairs Convocation – April 6, 3:30-4:30PM in PSU Theater featuring Shaun Tomson.
Faculty & Staff Free Portrait Days – Dates have been set for 2022
|March 29||MSU @ OTC Day|
|March 29-31||OSEF – Science Fair Judging is March 29, Awards Ceremony is March 31|
|April 9||State Science Olympiad Competition|
|April 14-17||Spring Holiday – No classes (Offices closed on April 15)|
|April 22-23||Missouri Academy of Science, Central Methodist University|
|April 27||CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at noon in PSU313|
|April 30||Spring Showcase is today!|
|May 2||Einhellig Retirement Reception (3:30-5PM, PSU Ballroom West)|
|May 3||All Faculty Recognition Reception (3:30-5PM)|
|May 5||CNAS Undergraduate Research Day|
|May 7||Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum – Graduate College|
|May 13||Study Day|
|May 14-19||Finals Week|
|May 20||Commencement (CNAS at 9:00AM)|
|June 13||Summer Session classes and SOAR begins|
|August 15||All faculty and graduate students report back for fall semester|
|August 22||Fall 2022 classes begin today|