Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
UPCOMING DUE DATES
Sept 30 Thesis funding applications due – graduate students
Sept 30 – (2022-2023 Tenure/Promotion) – Faculty applicants submit Tenure and/or Promotion dossier to Department Heads
Oct 1 Faculty Research Grants due – PLEASE NOTE – the application procedure is now through Dynamic Forms (on linked webpage)
October 3 –Department heads submit T & P dossiers to Department T & P committees
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- CHM – 3:35-4:35PM, Wednesday, September 28, in Meyer Library 101. By Dr. Scott Workman, Missouri State Highway Patrol.
- GGP – 3:30-4:30PM, Thursday, September 29, in Temple 002. By Dr. Matthew Connolly, University of Central Arkansas, “Geography, Geospatial Technologies and Environmental Science in Undergraduate Research”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, September 30, in Temple 002. By. Dr. Brittany Krzyzanowski, Barrow Neurological Institute, “Geography in Public Health and Medical Research”
Celebrate Latino/a/x Heritage Month – there are a number of events throughout September and early October
State of the University Address – 12:30-1:30PM, October 3, in the PSU theater. President Smart, Executive VP Mulligan and Interim Provost Jasinski will address the university community.
Voter Awareness Week, October 3-6. There will be several activities with the goals of education, outreach and voter support.
Inclusive Teaching for Student Success
- Check this out from our own mathematics department – A successful first run
- If you have read an article that has made a difference in your classroom, please send it to me and I will share it with your colleagues.
The fall 2022 advisor forum schedule is posted on the AATC website
The call for 2022-23 Curriculum Innovation Grant Proposals is now open! Curriculum Innovation awards provide funding of up to $4,000 per grant. Additional information about the Curriculum Innovation awards and the application form download can be found at Curriculum Innovation Funding.
Carrie’s Café – Carrie’s Café is open until November 17 on Tuesday and Thursday each week (with a few days being closed – check the calendar)
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- A successful first run
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|September 29||Majors Fair|
|October 3-6||Voter Awareness Week|
|October 13-14||Fall Break – No Classes|
|October 24||CNAS 3-minute thesis competition for graduate students|
|November 1||Southwest Missouri Regional Water Conference – Students can attend for free! The conference is $125 for others.|
|November 4||MSU 3-minute thesis|
|November 9||CNAS Career Expo|
|April 8, 2024||Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org|