Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, October 19, in Meyer Library 101. By Dr. Courtney Reichhart, Washington University in St. Louis, “The Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm matrix protein CdrA”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, October 20, via Zoom. By Dr. Alice Bean, University of Kansas.
- BIO (with some CSC) – Emily Bellis 4:00-5:00PM, Friday, October 21, in Temple 003. “Genomics of Plant Adaptation to New and Changing Environments”
- CSC – 12:20-1:10PM, Monday, October 24, in CSC 151. By Seth Malone, Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services – Seth will be discussing cloud security as well as his roles at IBM and AWS
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 3, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Daniel Moreno, Missouri State University.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, November 4, in Temple 002. By Ethan Hochstein, Indianapolis Cultural Train – Director of Horticulture and landscape, “The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: An international example in bike and pedestrian infrastructure connectivity and sense of place”
3 Minute Thesis
It is time to work with your graduate students to prepare them for the 3 minute thesis (3MT) competition – if they are planning on participating they need to reach out to Gale Lininger (GaleLininger@MissouriState.edu) by 6PM October 18 (tomorrow!).
Public Observation Night
Public Observation Night at Baker Observatory – Friday, October 21 and Friday, October 28 from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. Check their Facebook page for updates on potential cancellations due to weather.
University Events & Information
Inclusive Teaching for Student Success
- Midterm grades are coming out for first year students. Please make sure all of your students know how they are doing in your classes. If we are going to “save one” from each section – they need to clearly understand where they are now and how they can save themselves. Thank you!
- If you have read an article that has made a difference in your classroom, please send it to me and I will share it with your colleagues.
The fall 2022 advisor forum schedule is posted on the AATC website
Next forum is Tuesday, October 18.
Summer faculty fellowship applications due to the Graduate College on October 31. Applications require department head and dean signatures so please make sure to give us time to complete this task.
Sabbatical Applications are due to the Dean’s office by November 1.
The call for 2022-23 Curriculum Innovation Grant Proposals is now open! Curriculum Innovation awards provide funding of up to $4,000 per grant. Additional information about the Curriculum Innovation awards and the application form download can be found at Curriculum Innovation Funding. These are due October 31.
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- Hospitality professor appointed guest editor
- Alumna is one of the developers of a popular app that helps people have long-distance adventures
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|October 24||CNAS 3-minute thesis competition for graduate students|
|October 30||Summer faculty fellowship applications due to the Graduate College|
|October 31||Deadline for students to apply to graduate and have their name included in the commencement program|
|November 1||Southwest Missouri Regional Water Conference – Students can attend for free! The conference is $125 for others.|
|November 4||MSU 3-minute thesis|
|November 9||CNAS Career Expo|
|December 16||Commencement Day|
|April 8, 2024||Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org|