Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
3 Minute Thesis
Please join us for the CNAS 3MT competition today at 3:30 PM in Meyer Library 101. Twelve outstanding CNAS graduate students will be presenting their work in three minutes! The top students will participate in the university 3MT competition on November 4.
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- CSC – 12:20-1:10PM, Monday, October 24, in Cheek 151. By Seth Malone, Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services – Seth will be discussing cloud security as well as his roles at IBM and AWS
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, October 26, in Meyer Library 101. By Zach Wilson, Chemist with the City of Springfield, “The Industrious Path: A Perspective on Careers Outside of Academia”
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, November 2, in Meyer Library 101. By Jessica Bruer, Application Specialist with Sensient Colors LLC, “Sensient Colors & the Food Industry”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 3, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Daniel Moreno, Missouri State University.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, November 4, in Temple 002. By Ethan Hochstein, Indianapolis Cultural Train – Director of Horticulture and landscape, “The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: An international example in bike and pedestrian infrastructure connectivity and sense of place”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 10, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Manashi Nath, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- BIO – 4:00-5:00PM, Friday, November 11, in Temple 003. By Dr. Cassandra Nunez, “The Best Laid Plans of Mares and Men”
Public Observation Night
Public Observation Night at Baker Observatory – Friday, October 28 from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. Check their Facebook page for updates on potential cancellations due to weather.
University Events & Information
Inclusive Teaching for Student Success
- If you have read an article that has made a difference in your classroom, please send it to me and I will share it with your colleagues.
The fall 2022 advisor forum schedule is posted on the AATC website
Next forum is Thursday, October 27.
Upcoming Due Dates and Deadlines
Calling College Students with Big Ideas to Address Environmental Problems! EPA is looking for applications for our 20th annual People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) Program. P3 highlights the use of scientific principles in creating innovative technology-based projects that achieve the mutual goals of improved quality of life, economic prosperity and environmental protection. Applications are due by Feb. 1, 2023. Register for our Oct. 25 webinar to learn more. Webinar is free and it’s from 1-2 (CST) on Tuesday, October 25.
Summer faculty fellowship applications due to the Graduate College on October 31. Applications require department head and dean signatures so please make sure to give us time to complete this task.
Sabbatical Applications are due to the Dean’s office by November 1.
The call for 2022-23 Curriculum Innovation Grant Proposals is now open! Curriculum Innovation awards provide funding of up to $4,000 per grant. Additional information about the Curriculum Innovation awards and the application form download can be found at Curriculum Innovation Funding. These are due October 31.
Carrie’s Café – Carrie’s Café is open until November 17 on Tuesday and Thursday each week (with a few days being closed – check the calendar)
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- Oh, buoy!
- Geopolitics, not humanitarianism, has long guided U.S. refugee policy
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|October 30||Summer faculty fellowship applications due to the Graduate College|
|October 31||Deadline for students to apply to graduate and have their name included in the commencement program|
|November 1||Southwest Missouri Regional Water Conference – Students can attend for free! The conference is $125 for others.|
|November 3||Staff Senate – 11:00AM-1:00PM in Glass Hall 486|
|November 4||MSU 3-minute thesis|
|November 9||CNAS Career Expo|
|December 16||Commencement Day – CNAS at 10:00AM|
|April 8, 2024||Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.