Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
3 Minute Thesis
The campus wide 3 minute thesis will be taking place Friday, November 4 in Glass Hall 101 at 5:00PM.
United Way Celebration
The United Way Celebration Lunch is being held on November 7 at 11:30AM for faculty and staff who participated in the campaign with a donation, or rollover donation. Don’t forget to RSVP and attend!
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, November 2, in Meyer Library 101. By Jessica Bruer, Application Specialist with Sensient Colors LLC, “Sensient Colors & the Food Industry”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 3, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Daniel Moreno, Missouri State University.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, November 4, in Temple 002. By Ethan Hochstein, Indianapolis Cultural Train – Director of Horticulture and landscape, “The Indianapolis Cultural Trail: An international example in bike and pedestrian infrastructure connectivity and sense of place”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 10, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Manashi Nath, Missouri University of Science and Technology, “The Story of Transition Metal Chalcogenides: Multifaceted Electrochemical Applications for Energy Conversion, Storage, Sensing & Catalysis”
- BIO – 4:00-5:00PM, Friday, November 11, in Temple 003. By Dr. Cassandra Nunez, “The Best Laid Plans of Mares and Men”
- CSC – 12:20-1:10PM, Monday, November 14, via Zoom. By Melissa Crouch, Manager, Applications Development at T-Mobile/Sprint as well as a CSC Alum. Melissa will discuss her career experience, how work is typically done today, and key skills to be successful.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 17, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Do Young Kim, Oklahoma State University.
University Events & Information
Inclusive Teaching for Student Success
- If you have read an article that has made a difference in your classroom, please send it to me and I will share it with your colleagues.
The fall 2022 advisor forum schedule is posted on the AATC website
The next forum is on Thursday, December 1 from 12:00-1:00PM
Calling College Students with Big Ideas to Address Environmental Problems! EPA is looking for applications for our 20th annual People, Prosperity and the Planet (P3) Program. P3 highlights the use of scientific principles in creating innovative technology-based projects that achieve the mutual goals of improved quality of life, economic prosperity and environmental protection. Applications are due by Feb. 1, 2023.
Upcoming Due Dates and Deadlines
Sabbatical Applications are due to the Dean’s office by November 1.
December 9 – Foundation Award nominations and intent to apply due.
December 19 – PSIP applications due to dean’s office.
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- Two realities, one classroom
- Two GGP graduate students receive national recognition
- MSU students bring findings to geoscience conference in Denver
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|October 31||Deadline for students to apply to graduate and have their name included in the commencement program|
|November 1||Southwest Missouri Regional Water Conference – Students can attend for free! The conference is $125 for others.|
|November 3||Staff Senate – 11:00AM-1:00PM in Glass Hall 486|
|November 4||MSU 3-minute thesis|
|November 9||CNAS Career Expo|
|November 12||Fall Showcase|
|December 10-15||Finals Week|
|December 16||Commencement Day – CNAS at 10:00AM|
|December 22-January 4||Winter Holiday – Offices Closed|
|April 8, 2024||Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org|