Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Reminders and Information
Regional Science Olympiad is Saturday, February 18. There will be 29 teams doing events in Kemper Hall, Temple (Blunt) Hall, McDonald Arena and Greenwood Lab School from 8 AM – 3 PM. The teams will be using Strong Hall as their home base. Awards Ceremony is at 4 PM in McDonald Arena.
Learning Management System Review – the University is reviewing different LMS to see if Blackboard is still the best for our faculty and students or if there is a better option available. More information is available on the website
The timeline and all updates of the realignment process are posted on the following website – Academic Realignment – Missouri State.
2023 Hospitality Leadership Wine Tasting – 2:00-4:00PM on Sunday February 26. Tickets are required and all guests must be 21 or older
Watershed Committee of the Ozarks – 2022 Annual Report
Academic Advisor Forum – Session schedule is attached. The next session is Thursday, March 2.
Carrie’s opens on Thursday February 23 – Carrie’s Cafe – Hospitality Leadership – Missouri State
Earth Day Festival – April 22, 2023 (This event does require the purchase of tickets)
Upcoming CNAS Seminars –
Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, February 17, Blunt (Temple) 345. By Dr. Sara Khorshidifard, Drury University. “Women, Life, Freedom: Contextualizing Iranian Women Protagonists in Urban Landscape Appropriations”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, February 23, via Zoom. By John Dagdelen, PhD candidate – University of California Berkely and Lawrence Berkely National Laboratory
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, February 24 Blunt (Temple) 345. By Justin Tiffany, Missouri Geological Survey. “Geoscience and Offshore Wind”
- CSC – 11:15AM-12:05PM, Friday, February 24, via Zoom. By Dr. Filiz Bunyak, University of Missouri-Columbia. “Next Generation Image Analytics through AI/ML: Driving the Scientific Discovery in Life Sciences”
- OSEF 2023 (Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair)The judging for this year’s fair will be done on Tuesday, March 28, 6-8 PM with a meeting and some food beforehand. Please be there and ready by 5:30 PM. To sign-up as a judge, please go to https://mo-OSEF.zfairs.com.
- Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting – Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, MO. April 21-22 Registration and abstract submission for the Senior Division is open – the deadline for submission is Friday, March 17 at 5PM.
- CNAS Undergraduate Research Day – Friday, April 28 – Information about abstract submissions and the day will be posted soon.
- Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum – New and Current Students – Graduate College – Missouri State – Abstracts are due April 3. Event is April 29.
Recent news from the college:
- Are travel credit cards worth it?
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Feb 18 Regional Science Olympiad at MSU
Feb 20 President’s Day – no classes/offices closed
Feb 25 Discover Engineering Day, noon-3 PM
March 7 MOCAP Summit at MSSU in Joplin
Mar 11-19 Spring Break
Mar 28-30 OSEF (Judging March 28, Awards March 30)
April 1 State Science Olympiad Competition at MSU
April 1 Spring Showcase
Apr 7-9 Spring Holiday – Offices closed/No Classes
April 8, 2024 Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.