Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Summer Visit Day #1 is Friday, June 23. There will be 174 HS students along with many guests on campus for the day! Dylan Earnshaw has coordinated volunteers for CNAS for the day. Thank you, Dylan and all volunteers!
Interested in student success? Please sign up for one of the following book discussions through. These classes are designed specifically for CNAS faculty. There are rewards for attendance.
Inclusive Teaching in STEM – facilitated by Helena Metzker, Senior Instructor in Chemistry & Biochemistry. Registration is through My Learning Connection located in the Learning and Development card on your MSU profile.
Offered this summer – July 11, 13, 18, 20 and 25 from 9-11 AM
Offered this fall – Thursdays at noon starting August 24 and ending October 26. (registration will be open soon)
This is open to department heads and all CNAS faculty this year. Next year we will be opening this up to our graduate students.
Young Mathematics Teacher Academy – June 26 to June 30
NSF Computer Science Research Experience for Teachers – June 12 to July 21
Independence Day – July 3 and 4 offices will be closed
Recent news from the college:
- First mechanical engineering class graduates
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Blunt (Temple Hall) Construction Details through the end of June. If you have questions, please contact the Dean’s Office and we will find the answer to your question.
6/19/23 thru 6/23/23
- Electrical coordinating with Facilities to correct fountain control wiring.
- Continue work on storm in south yard and sanitary sewer south side of tunnel. (All Restrooms on 2-3-4 will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Building demolition: Large equipment on site – glass removal & saw cutting commences at auditorium & east entrance wall (all levels) Monday thru Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm (Week 2/5).
- Soil and demolition debris removed from project site. Dump Trucks on JQH Parkway (Spotters will be utilized)
- Electrical work in tunnel continues.
- Electricians working in areas affected by upcoming demolition to remove fixtures.
- Continue new walls at temporary exit in OEWRI/old restroom. Gypsum Board Mud & Tape and paint. (Please refrain from using this exit until work is completed.)
- Paint and wall base at temporary walls at east entrance wall (all floors).
6/26/23 thru 6/30/23
- Electrical and plumbing work in south side fenced area continues.
- Continue new walls at temporary exit in OEWRI/old restroom. (Work to be completed by 6/30 – New exit only access – Please refrain from using as a regular entry/exit)
- Building demolition: Even larger equipment on site to break out concrete at auditorium & east entrance wall (all levels) Monday thru Saturday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm (Week 3/5).
- Demolition materials removed from project site. Dump Trucks on JQH Parkway.
- Demolition of existing offices on 1-2-3-4 which are to be converted to restrooms and hallways. (Debris carts in east office suite hallway and possibly on elevator.)
Start of the summer session –
- June 23 – Summer Showcase #1
- July 3-4 – (Summer 2023) –Holiday (offices closed/no classes)
- July 21 – Summer Showcase #2
- Aug 3-4 – Final exam period for summer classes
- Aug 7 – Grades must be submitted by 2 PM
Start of the fall semester –
- August 14-15 – Fall 2023 TA Training
- August 14-15 new faculty orientation
- August 16 – showcase on teaching and learning
- August 17 – all faculty luncheon
- August 18 – event with STEM LLC students
- August 21 – (Fall 2023) – Start of the fall semester
- August 22 – All College Meeting, 3:30-5:00 PM in Carrington 208 (there will be food!)
April 8, 2024 Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org