Seniors in the electronic arts program will showcase their culminating works at the Electronic Arts Student Showcase on May 9. The event will feature three senior thesis films and other short, creative work produced by electronic arts students. The senior thesis films include:
Counting to 1000
Good and evil is not always black and white. Detective Callow examines this gray area while investigating a gruesome, botched home robbery attempted by Donny, a low level criminal, and his merciless crew. During an interrogation, Donny and Detective Callow piece together what went wrong with what should have been an easy job, and discover that the intentions of those involved are not at all as they appear.
- Josh Pfaff, director and writer
- Samantha Rohde, co-producer
- Logan Sparlin, creative director
- Joshua Moore, sound designer
- Andrew Westmaas, co-producer and sound designer
- STAR Award for Outstanding Collaboration Program, Missouri State University
- 2nd place, Student Scriptwriting Competition – Short Subject, 2016 BEA Festival of Media Arts
- 3rd Place, Student Promotional Video, 2016 BEA Festival of Media Arts
- Honorable Mention, Dramatic Script, 2016 MBEA Awards
Liz has lived with her abusive father her entire life. From a young age, she has had a power that she cannot control — the supernatural ability to tell if someone is lying. Her father, a Las Vegas pawn shop owner, uses her gift for his own gain in a high stakes poker game that could spell trouble.
- Ryan Huegerich, writer and director
- Ben Vossmeyer, producer and sound designer
- Eric Roberts, special effects and script supervisor
- Honorable Mention, 2016 BEA Awards
Max, a local DJ, spends his nights headlining nightclubs and concerts in hopes of becoming the next big thing in the trance world. After an unfortunate accident, Max loses his hearing. He has to find a way to cope with his new disability and continue his career.
- Kong Thao, writer and producer
- Hillary Huong Vu, visual effects coordinator
- Vicky Hedgecock, animator
- Kelly Meyer, co-producer and animator
- Colin Robertson, score composer
- Alex Lee, composer
See the films and hear from filmmakers
17th Annual Electronic Arts Student Showcase
When: May 9, 7-9 p.m.
Where: Plaster Student Union Theater
Admission: Free and open to the public