Effective August 1, 2017, the Computer Information Systems and Management Departments merged to form the Department of Management and Information Technology (MIT). This merger will keep Missouri State at the forefront of business education as we work to prepare you for the ever-changing job-market.
What this means for MIT students:
- Degree Programs: There are no curricular changes associated with this merger. Your major and all courses are still available. There have been no changes to graduation requirements.
- Classes: Courses will retain their current prefixes of CIS or MGT. Your fall schedule will not change and you will still see CIS and MGT classes listed.
- Location of Department Office and Faculty: When you return to Glass Hall in August, the new MIT Department will have two offices. Faculty will remain in the same offices as last year. Signage for the main department offices will change to MIT. There will be an administrative assistant in each main office to assist you as needed.
- Department Head: The department head for MIT is Dr. Josh Davis, formerly the department head of CIS. Dr. Davis will work in both MIT main offices during the next academic year.
- Student Organizations: There are no changes to student organizations within either department. Your previous organizations are still active.
- Website: The new MIT website is live
- Next Steps: You do not need to do anything as a result of this merger. Simply be aware of the change.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact MIT at 417-836-4131 or MIT@missouristate.edu.