The College of Business offers annual suit scholarship program in coordination with the College of Business Career Fairs.
COB is able to provide professional attire for a limited number of participants with demonstrated financial need. Limited funding is available each year and participation is on a first-come, first-served basis.
The student must:
i. be a declared COB major (sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student)
ii. have a FASFA on file, with demonstrated financial need, in the Financial Aid Office or if an international student, the Director of International Services recommendation of need.
iii. not have received a suit scholarship from COB in the past.
iv. request assistance via the COB Suit Scholarship Interest Form.
2019 Suit Scholarship Interest Form-Apply Today!
Access the 2019 Suit Scholarship Interest Form. – As of August 23, 2019, the 2019 Suit Scholarship Interest Form has closed.
Contact Mary Grace Phillips, MaryGPhillips@MissouriState.edu with any questions.
- 2019 Interest Form deadlines
- July 8-22: first consideration
- July 23-August 16: second consideration
- August 16-23: final consideration
- All suits must be selected from merchandise available at JCPenney, located within the Battlefield Mall, 2825 S Glenstone Ave Ste 200, Springfield, MO 65804. Suits must be selected by the following two dates, Monday, August 26 and Monday, September 2. More details will be provided to those who are eligible to participate in the 2019 scholarship program.
COB Career Fair Professional Dress Requirement
All students who attend the Accounting and/or COB Career Fair are required to wear appropriate professional attire as defined herein. All clothes should be tailored, in good condition, and wrinkle and lint free. Professional attire is defined as:
- A suit jacket and pants / skirt in a matching color.
- A suit jacket is required
- Skirts and dresses should be knee length when standing and thighs covered while seated.
- Shoes should be close-toe heel or dress shoes.
- Generally, a tie is required with a suit coat and collared shirt.
Any student found failing to satisfy the professional attire dress code will be asked to leave the fair and return in more appropriate attire.