COE BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
October 22, 2012
- Program Support Application Recommendations approved:
- CFD –approved for funding up to $4,000. The additional amount comes with a recommendation from the committee: (a) to cite data source(s) and more accurately display overall retention rates by cohort and (b) include strategies more directly related to goal #2 = increase retention.
- COU – Approved for $5,000.
- EAD – Approved for funding up to $4,988. The Budget Committee recommends explanation in more specific detail how faculty will “explore” needs and specify specific strategies for those “explorations” that should be directed at specified numbers of new enrollments, as well.
- EDT – Approved for funding in the amount of $2,688. The committee recommends the rearrangement of the enrollment data table on page 3 to read from left to right in terms of older to newer years.
- ELE – Approved for funding in the amount of $975. The committee recommends coordination of the exhibition at MSTE with staff in the COE Office of Student Services et al. units and departments to ensure there are no duplication of efforts.
- CEFS – approved for funding up to $3,320. The change in the amount requested is to support the recruiter expenses ($2,370) and brochure costs (#1,000). The DVD cost will not be necessary, because the COE technology graduate assistants (Bryan & Shawn) can do that work. In addition, COE is in the process of hiring an individual to work in the community to build enrollments through grant-related opportunities, so the committee felt it more prudent to use that support mechanism rather than those detailed in strategies #4 and #r of the application.
- LIT – Approved for funding up to $4,206.
- ECFD – Approved for funding up to $5,000. The committee recommends including work with individual Head Start sites through Southern Missouri and that Head Start training locations are specified. Also, may want to check with the Graduate College to see if vendor space might be covered.
- SPE – Approved for funding up to $5,000.
- Approval of Recommended Funding Plan for faculty positions:
Spreadsheet that breaks down use of salary savings to fund 4 CEFS instructor positions, two CEFS tenure track faculty positions, and one Special Education clinical faculty position was approved by the COE Budget Committee. This leaves a balance of $43,513.67 in the program support funds. The budget committee recommended carrying forward this balance until the next round of applications are submitted early next fall.