COE BUDGET COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
October 4, 2019
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Attendees: Kim Dubree, David Hough, Denise Cunningham, Cathy Pearman, Minor Baker, Melissa Schotthofer, Jill Martin, Abby Birch, James Satterfield, Joe Hulgus, Barri Tinkler, Stephanie Huffman, Bill Agnew, and Rose Lee
Members discussed COE projects and funding priorities. The following items were broached:
- Recruitment and Retention Initiatives
- Continued Program Support Opportunities with assessment components
- International Programs & Study Away
- Update aging IT equipment (computers, scanners etc.)
- Full-time Technology Support at PCOB
- Personnel in terms of more staff or faculty, i.e., per course, tenure-track, instructor / clinical.
- Travel Funds for Faculty
- Travel Funds for Students
- Bear Partnership
- Events Bringing Students to Campus
- Internship Academy
- A “Bear in Every Building”
- More advising staff in departments for student success
- CLSE faculty requested more Gas
- Accreditation from CAEP or AAQEP or ?
Dean Hough will provide detailed budget information at the next meeting, so the BC can prioritize COE initiatives.
Decided that we will schedule Budget Meetings on the first Friday of every month, at 8:00 am. Therefore, the next BC will be held on November 1, 2019.
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 am
Notes taken by Rose Lee.