College of Education
September 7, 2021
3:00 p.m. – Zoom
In attendance: Ching-Wen Chang (RFT, Chair), Chloe Bolyard (CEFS), Tara Bonebrake (GLS), Kennedy Ongaga (CLSE)
Ching-Wen welcomed everyone and called the meeting to order.
The June 6, 2021, minutes were discussed and approved.
Curricular Proposals were discussed and voted on.
Reading, Foundations, and Technology – Approved
- SEC302 General Methods of Instruction in the Middle and Secondary Schools
Counseling, Leadership, and Special Education
- SPE310 Introduction to Special Education – Approved
- SPE340 Educational Alternative for Exceptional Students – Approved
- Tara Bonebrake has replaced Jennifer Grace-Duran as Greenwood’s representative.
- Regarding a new student representative, members will email their faculty and ask them if they can recommend a student who would be interested in being on the COE College Council as a non-voting member. Students should be informed that meetings are the first Tuesday of the month, 3:15 pm, via Zoom. Faculty will need to ask the student if they are interested prior to submitting their name and a short paragraph about them to the college council rep. If more than one name is submitted, the college council rep will discuss with faculty at their next department meeting and vote on one name to submit. Student names/information about them will be brought to the October 5 meeting and voted on by members.
- The remaining meetings will start at 3:15 pm.
October 5, 2021
The meeting was adjourned at 3:25 pm.
-Sharon Lopinot, Executive Assistant II