What is the Diaper Bank of the Ozarks?
The Diaper Bank of the Ozarks’ vision is to meet needs for all babies. They provide disposable and cloth diapers to partner agencies serving families in need throughout the Ozarks.
Did You Know?
- Public assistance programs (such as SNAP) do not cover the cost of diapers
- 1 out of every 3 families struggle to afford diapers
- Diapers cost $75-$100 a month, this means that some families may be choosing between diapers and other basic needs (food, rent, etc.)
When families don’t have access to diapers, health and social consequences may result. Problems that may result look like: unhappy babies, unhealthy communities, undereducated toddlers, and stressed parents.
How to Serve?
- Donate – you can provide monetary donations here.
- Volunteer – depending on the status of the pandemic, you may be able to find volunteer opportunities here.
- Host a drive – if you are interested in hosting your own drive, you can find resources and information here.
- If one is in need of disposable diapers, they can go to the Diaper Bank of the Ozarks’ website here to see local agencies carrying diapers.
- If one is in need or interested in cloth diapers, they can look into the cloth diaper loan program. For information on the cloth diaper loan program they can go here.
Information from: Diaper Bank of the Ozarks.