Shed labels. Stand up to racism and bias. Act with moral courage.
Empower yourself at the Collaborative Diversity Conference. The event runs April 24-26 at Plaster Student Union on the Missouri State University campus.
You can also attend a pre-conference session on April 24 for $150.
April 27: Just for students
Students lead the way on April 27. The MoState Student Summit is a student-only conference and part of the Collaborative Diversity Conference.
Workshops for MSU students, led by other MSU students.
- What: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- When: April 24-26, 2019; Student summit April 27
- Where: Plaster Student Union, Missouri State University.
- Who: Diversity experts, including plenary speaker Irshad Manji. Review the conference schedule for a full list of speakers and sessions.
- Free admission for MSU employees; register through My Learning Connection to receive professional development credit
- Standard registration: $250, or $200 if you register by April 8
- Pre-conference: $150
- Bass Pro Shops
- Central Bank of the Ozarks
- City of Springfield
- College of Business, Missouri State University
- Commerce Bank
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks
- Community Partnership of the Ozarks
- International Institute Business Solutions Center
- John Deere Reman
- Mayor’s Commission on Human Rights and Community Relations
- Med-Pay, Inc.
- Networking and Telecommunications, Missouri State University
Share your story
If you attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference, we want to hear about your experience!
Join the online conversation during the event. Post about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag your posts with the official hashtag: #Diversity19.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag your post with the official Collaborative Diversity Conference hashtag: #Diversity19
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate; Division for Diversity and Inclusion or @DiversityMSU
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Mo., hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience
Sample social media posts
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference is April 25-27. Plan your events: https://bit.ly/2GcDdiw #Diversity19
- How to be a #CitizenBear: Attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference. Registration: https://bit.ly/2HUb9wE #Diversity19
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference welcomes Professor Irshad Manji on April 26. https://bit.ly/2pHhSDs #Diversity19
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Sample Facebook posts
Text: Professor Irshad Manji is an author, educator and advocate for the rights of women and minorities. She’s the founder of the award-winning Moral Courage Project, based at the University of Southern California.
Text: Act with moral courage and empower yourself at the Collaborative Diversity Conference.