Join us as MSU President, Clif Smart, officially opens the 17th annual Public Affairs Conference – The Power of Voice. This kick-off session is in partnership with Dr. Lyle Foster and the Springfield Tough Talks Collaborative.
I Have a Strong Voice! And I will use it to…?
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
MSU’s Plaster Student Union Theater
Free and open to the public
A panel consisting of Missouri State and community members will highlight pressing issues and incidents of Racial Injustice that are affecting campus and community alike. Through conversation and Q&A, panelists will share moving accounts of past and current experiences and how they have and are using their voice to speak out to effect positive change. The audience will be encouraged to self-reflect on the power of their own voice and how they can make a difference on campus and within the area community both now and into the future. How will you use the power of your voice to make a difference? Your voice is needed now more than ever!
Meet the panelists
- Rev. Adrienne Denson Ewell, Campbell United Methodist Church, Springfield
- Imari Stout, Black Lives Matter, Springfield
- Dola Flake, Diversity Transition & support Coord., Multicultural Services, Missouri State University
- Lyle Foster, Panelist & Moderator, Missouri State University
Things you should know:
- Seating is limited
- Masking is required
- Early arrival is encouraged
- Bear Park North parking garage and shuttle service is free and open to the public for this event.
For more information about the conference, visit https://publicaffairs.missouristate.edu/conference