This fall, the sociology and anthropology department is offering a new course – SOC 350: Violence and Society in Latin America.
Register now for this dynamic understanding of Latin America, including:
- Historical facts of Latin America violence and its roots
- Sociological perspectives related to violence in Latin American societies
- Understand the various regions that comprise Latin America such as Mexico, the Caribbean, Central and South America
- Understand how particular global and local historical trajectories have influenced contemporary social dynamics in the region
- Latin America and current events, locally, nationally and globally
For more information, contact course instructor Dr. Herbert Rodrigues.This course also counts for coursework in Global Studies Major and Latin America, Caribbean and Hispanic Studies Minor.