International travel grants
The deadline for International Travel applications is Monday, October 17, 2022 (since October 15th falls on a Saturday).
The funding is to support faculty international travel that will “advance the university mission, in a manner related to the research of the faculty member.” This funding is provided to support faculty presentation of research. The International Travel award provides up to $2,500 to the recipient. This is a one-to-one match with funding secured by the applicant. Eligible faculty who choose to apply for an International Travel Award should be cognizant of the competitive nature of the process and be aware that not all applications may be funded. A Foreign Travel Authorization form must be completed and approved PRIOR to traveling, and the Dean and Department Head will take into account any COVID conditions or other travel restrictions in the country the faculty member proposes to visit. Please see additional details on the Graduate College website.
Request for Summer faculty fellowship grant proposals
The deadline for Summer Faculty Fellowship proposals (SFF) is October 30, 2022. Since this date falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31, 2022.
The function of this Fellowship is to allow faculty members engaged in research or in creative activities to devote intense thought and activity to a single project. The Summer Faculty Fellowship provides a $6,000 stipend to the recipient (this is taxable income). Projects which involve consulting activity, the production of teaching aids, enhancement of teaching skills, practice of professional skills outside the academic environment, “retooling” for new teaching assignments, development of Internet courses or other curriculum development activities, will not be considered.
To be eligible Faculty members must:
- Have the rank of Assistant Professor and above with a research commitment;
- May not teach summer courses or have outside jobs during the tenure of the fellowship;
- Must be returning to Missouri State University for the following academic year;
- The same project cannot be funded by another internal grant source;
- Cannot directly precede or immediately follow an academic year during which a sabbatical has been approved/taken;
- If you have previously received a Summer Faculty Fellowship, you must have applied for an external grant; and have submitted a final report.
Eligible faculty who chooses to apply for a Summer Faculty Fellowship should be cognizant of the competitive nature of the process and be aware that not all proposals can be funded.
For more information, see the SFF webpage. If you have questions, contact the Graduate College at 836-5335.
Attend the three-minute thesis competition
The three-minute (3MT) thesis competition is scheduled for Friday, November 4, at 5:00 p.m. in Glass Hall, Room 101. Check out the Graduate College website for competition details.
Graduate student travel funding available
Missouri State University offers a number of special funding opportunities for graduate students including thesis research, non-thesis research, and student travel funding. Graduate student travel funding is available for the graduate student to present their thesis/non-thesis research at a designated conference. Applications should be submitted 30 days prior to the travel date to the Graduate College.
For more information, visit the graduate college website. If you have questions, contact the Graduate College at 836-5335.
Important information for graduate assistants
- It is the Department’s responsibility to ensure that the GA/RA/TA has signed and returned the Graduate Assistant Employment Form to the Graduate College prior to the GA/RA/TA beginning work (the person who submitted the GA Bear PAF in the system can go in and check to make sure that the PAF has been completed and is in HR status).
- It is the Department’s responsibility to ensure that the GA/RA/TA has completed all required Compliance Training and provided copies of their completion certificates to the department. This also applies to the time sheet requirement for the GA.
- Please see the BEAR PAF procedures for upcoming GA appointment or reappointment deadlines for Academic Year 2022–2023.