Faculty Writing Retreats
The Faculty Writing Retreat is back! The retreat is led by Provost’s Faculty Writing Fellow Dr. Jonathan Newman and will help you meet your writing goals for the year. Attending these retreats you can begin new articles, revise and resubmit, polish your book proposal, complete your last edits, and connect and collaborate with other faculty scholars.
- Wednesday, October 26
- Friday, November 11
- Thursday, November 17
- Monday, December 19
- Tuesday, December 20
Retreats will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Meyer Library 204.
Register for Faculty Writing Retreats through My Learning Connection.
The OLC offers an extensive online learning opportunities for education professionals. Below are just a few of the upcoming workshops.
- Nov 7–13: “Digital Accessibility: Developing a Strategic Plan”
- Nov 7–13: “Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Accessibility (DEIA) in Online Learning”
- Nov 28–Dec 4: “Adaptive Learning Strategies and Tools”
Contact the FCTL for a free Professional Learning Pass to any of these workshops. Visit the link below for more information about these workshops and many others.
The resources from the FCTL’s virtual online boot camps are available as a Self-paced Course Development Boot Camp. This self-paced version will cover many of the same things as the virtual and on-campus boot camps, but you will be participating at your own schedule and can contact the FCTL Instructional Designers at any time during this process. Their contact information is listed in the meet your instructional designers area of the modules.
What’s included in the self-paced course development boot camp
- Best practices related to online courses and teaching
- Different assessment options available in Blackboard
- How to remove potential barriers for students with disabilities
- Strategies to foster community and engagement in the online classroom
- Strategies to prevent student cheating
- Copyright and fair use in distance education
How to find the self-paced boot camp
- Log into Blackboard and select the Community Tab at the top of the page
- Select Academic Community from the My Organizations module
- Once in the site, on the main menu, locate “self-paced course development boot camp” to access the boot camp materials.
The FCTL supports teaching excellence for faculty at all levels. Check out the many support services offered by the FCTL to see how you can benefit.
You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.