- Current student employee in the Donor Relations Department within the Missouri State University Foundation
- Current Student at Missouri State University
- Communication Studies Major, Mass Media Minor
- 2012 Lebanon, MO High School Graduate
- Recipient of R.E.A.L. Bears Student/ Alumni Association Scholarship and Roy T. and Mildred Durr Wilcox Scholarship in Communications
Dani Hamilton is a student at Missouri State University with a very large goal. She intends to finish her schooling without having any student debt. Dani has said, “Students have an average of $42,000 in student loan debt upon graduation. I don’t want to be a part of that statistic.”
Thus far, she has succeeded in paying for school because of scholarships. She has two semesters of schooling left and is close to her goal. She recently spoke at the Board of Trustees annual meeting about the importance and impact that scholarships have on her and other students. If it were not for scholarships, her goal would not be met. She is focused on her studies and has been on the Dean’s List every semester.
Other than focusing on studies, she is involved in R.E.A.L. Bears; a small group leader through Second Baptist; a member at the Lutheran Student Center; in Phi Eta Sigma; and lastly in the Ellis Scholarship/Mentor program.
Dani plans on going to graduate school, specifically the Administrative Studies program with an emphasis in Applied Communication at Missouri State University. After that, she hopes to work in some form of relations in a company or a university. She currently works in Donor Relations at the Missouri State Foundation. She has said that this has been an excellent experience and a way for her to find her place and follow her passion.