Get insight from the pros.
You can attend presentations by expert geographers, geologists, and planners.
As the seminar schedule continues to develop, more seminars may still be added.
Contact our department if you have questions or need more information.
Spring 2022 Seminar Series
All GGP seminars are free and open to the public. Seminars begin at 2:30 P.M. in Temple Lecture Hall 002, unless noted otherwise.
- Friday, January 28: Craig Kreman, P.E., Environmental Director, Quapaw Nation, Iowa State University
- Friday, February 4: Dr. Krista Evans, MSU/GGP Assistant Professor will present, “Rural Planning & the Amish Community“
- Friday, February 11: Dr. Sarah Coffin, Associate Professor, and Urban Planning and Development Program Director, Saint Louis University will make a presentation on Brownfields
- Friday, February 18: Dr. Arya Udry, University of Las Vegas, Associate Professor and MSA Distinguished Lecturer, will present, “How do we form granite on Mars without plate tectonics?”
- Friday, February 25: Dr. Celina Suarez, University of Arkansas, Associate Professor will present, “Growth Stages of T-Rex”
- Friday, March 4: Loring Bullard, MSU Alumnus, and author will make a presentation on Ozark waterways and watershed planning
- Friday, April 1: Aída R Guhlincozzi, Ph.D. Post-Doctoral Scholar, University of Missouri, Geography – Women’s and Gender Studies will present: “Qualitative GIScience and Latina health geographies in the Chicago suburbs”
- Friday, April 29: Alicia Metzger, MSU Alumna, Geology will present: “Gravity Stations through the Northwest Passage”