Graduate College Showcase
This campus-wide recruiting event will feature representatives from all graduate programs. This year, the event will be Wednesday, November 9th 3:00 – 7:00 (overlaps with a GC meeting, so you can just go down the hall when we finish). Watch for more information, but start recruiting help to staff your table now.
Program Directors Meeting
All program directors are invited to attend the Program Directors meeting on October 19 from 3:30 – 5:00 in Karls Hall, room 102. Important issues such as the new GRE scoring and comprehensive examinations will be discussed.
Graduate Student Council
The GSC elected officers for the year: Sarah Riccardi, President; William Grady Cooper, Vice President; Lindsey Recker, Secretary; Morgan Smith, Social Chair.
Applications for Graduation
Students planning to graduate this semester should apply for graduation ASAP. The application is available at https://www.missouristate.edu/secure/graduate/onlinegradapp.htm.
Important Faculty related funding deadlines
Guidelines and applications can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu under “Faculty & Staff” – “Sources of Faculty Support”
- Faculty Research Grants: 26 proposals were submitted and are currently being reviewed by the Committee.
- Summer Fellowships: Proposals due in the Graduate College on November 4, 2011. Information and guidelines can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/facultysupport.htm.
Important Student related funding deadlines
All guidelines and applications are on the Graduate College website.
- Thesis Funding: SP12 deadline is February 17. Information can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/thesis_information.htm.
- DUE NOW – – applications for FA11 graduation.
- November 28, 2011 – – Deadline for submission of a Thesis to the Graduate College.
- November 28, 2011 – – Deadline for submission of Seminar Report Form to Grad College (for programs requiring form).
- December 8, 2011 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Graduate College.
- December 16, 2011 – – Commencement (12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.).
- 12:30 PM Ceremony: COAL, CHHS, CHPA, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
- 4:00 PM Ceremony: COBA, COED
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2012 will Saturday, April 14th. For pictures and information from the 2011 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/IDF.htm.
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- Career Search. Tuesday, October 25, 3:00 – 4:30 pm., PSU 315C. Speakers: Professional Staff from the Career Center. This presentation will include discussion on methods of searching for and finding the right career for you after graduation.
- Human Subjects in Research: What Do You Need to Know? Wednesday, November 9, 3:00 – 4:00 pm., PSU 315AB. Speaker: Dr. Joseph Hulgus, Chair of Human Subjects Institutional Review Board. For all students who plan to use human subjects in research, this session will provide pertinent information on university policies and procedures required for the use of humans in all types of research (experimental, survey, etc.).
- Animal Care and Use. Thursday, November 10, 3:00 – 4:00 pm., PSU 315AB. Speaker: Dr. Brian Greene, Vice Chair – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC). For all students who plan to use animals in their research, this session will provide guidance on current standards for the handling and care of animals, as well as policies regarding biohazardous waste disposal.