Important Faculty related funding deadlines
- Faculty Research Grants: Proposals due in the Graduate College on Friday, November 2, 2012. Information and guidelines can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/facultysupport.htm
- Summer Fellowships: Proposals are being evaluated by the committee.
- DUE NOW – – applications for FA12 graduation.
- November 26, 2012 – – Deadline for submission of a Thesis to the Graduate College.
- November 26, 2012 – – Deadline for submission of Seminar Report Form to Grad College (for programs requiring form).
- December 6, 2012 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Graduate College.
- December 14, 2011 – – Commencement (12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.).
- 12:30 PM Ceremony: COB and COE
- 4:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, CHHS, CHPA, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
Important Student related funding deadlines
All guidelines and applications are on the Grad. College website.
- Thesis Funding: SP13 deadline – tba. Information at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/thesis_information.htm.
Upcoming Recruitment Trips
Please contact Misty Stewart (66079) if you are interested in attending.
- Northwest MO State – Oct. 9
- OK State Univ. – Tulsa – Oct. 11
- Mercy Employee Benefits Fair – Oct. 24
- Truman State – Oct. 24
- Mercy Employee Benefits Fair – Oct. 25
- College of the Ozarks – Oct. 25
- Univ. of OK – Oct. 30
- OK Baptist Univ. – Oct. 31
- Pittsburg State – Nov. 6
- Univ. of Central AR – Nov. 7
- McNair National Conference – Nov 9
MSU Fall Graduate Showcase
November 14, 2012, 3:00 – 7:00 pm, PSU West Ballroom and PSU 315AB.
Every program is expected to have a display table with faculty present to discuss their programs and answer questions. 315AB will have rotating information sessions on GRE/GMAT test prep, financial aid, graduate assistantships and alumni success stories. Campus tours will also be available for out-of-town guests. If you would like postcards to hand out to upper-level undergraduate students in your department, contact Misty at (MistyStewart@missouristate.edu).
Graduate Student Senate
The October meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 30th at 3:30 in the Carrington Auditorium. The November meeting is scheduled for November 27th (same time and place).
Each graduate program may designate two senators for GSS. To date, thirty senators have been named. Names of Senators, once selected, should be sent to GradStudentSenate@MissouriState.edu. A list of Senators (by department) will soon be posted at (http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm).
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. For pictures and information from the 2012 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/IDF.htm.
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- Career Search. Tuesday, October 16, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speakers: Professional Staff from the Career Center. This presentation will include discussion on methods of searching for and finding the right career for you after graduation.
- Human Subjects in Research: What Do You Need to Know? Tuesday, November 6, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Dr. Joseph Hulgus, Chair of Human Subjects Institutional Review Board. For all students who plan to use human subjects in research, this session will provide pertinent information on university policies and procedures required for the use of humans in all types of research (experimental, survey, etc.).
- Animal Care and Use. Wednesday, November 7, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Dr. Brian Greene, Vice Chair – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees (IACUC). For all students who plan to use animals in their research, this session will provide guidance on current standards for the handling and care of animals, as well as policies regarding biohazardous waste disposal.
- Thesis Writing 101. Thursday, January 24, 2013, 4:00 to 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will focus on research requirements of the Graduate College, specifically dealing with formatting requirements for writing a thesis. The session will include hints on how to avoid some of the common pitfalls in thesis writing.
- How to Write an Abstract. Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions on how to write an abstract. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare abstracts for their theses and for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held April 27, 2013
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.