- December 6, 2012 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- December 14, 2011 – – Commencement (12:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.).
- 12:30 PM Ceremony: COB and COE
- 4:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, CHHS, CHPA, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
Important Student related funding deadlines
All guidelines and applications are on the Grad. College website.
- Thesis Funding: SP13 deadline – Friday, February 18. Information at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/thesis_information.htm.
New Graduate Student Orientation
Spring. Friday, January 11, 2013, 12:30 – 5:00 pm, PSU, Room 313.
All new graduate students are invited to attend the Spring Orientation. Information can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/92424.htm.
Graduate Recruitment Grants
The Graduate College is initiating a mini-grant program that will fund graduate programs with innovative plans for a recruitment activity. A 10% match is required, and the application deadline is December 17. Information and submission application are available at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradRecruitmentGrants.htm.
Teaching Assistant Award
The Graduate College is pleased to announce a new award for an outstanding TA. The winner of this annual award will be the nominee from this university for the equivalent award from MAGS (Midwestern Association of Graduate Schools). Information and application materials are available at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/MagsTeachingAward.htm.
- HST. Eric Nelson, past Graduate Council Chair and Professor of History, was named a 2012 Missouri Professor of the Year. This award was made by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE). CASE named 31 state award winners and a panel of judges determined four national winners. Dr. Nelson was selected as a top national educator.
Graduate Student Senate
The November met on November 27th. Information on upcoming meetings and events can be found at http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. For pictures and information from the 2012 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/IDF.htm.
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- Thesis Writing 101. Thursday, January 24, 2013, 4:00 to 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will focus on research requirements of the Graduate College, specifically dealing with formatting requirements for writing a thesis. The session will include hints on how to avoid some of the common pitfalls in thesis writing.
- How to Write an Abstract. Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions on how to write an abstract. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare abstracts for their theses and for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held April 27, 2013
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.