Important Student related funding deadlines
- Thesis Funding: SP13 deadline – Friday, February 18. Information at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/thesis_information.htm.
- Student Travel Funding: Information and application can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/studentfunding.htm. Note that the completed application needs to be received at least 2 weeks prior to the travel date.
Although MSU does not have an undergraduate McNair Scholar’s program, the Graduate College is actively recruiting McNair Scholars into our graduate programs (watch for more information in the next few weeks). As part of this effort, the Graduate College is offering up to 2 Graduate Assistantship positions next year for McNair Scholars admitted into your program.
Graduate Student Study Break
Beginning January 28, Study Break times will be available on most Monday’s from 3-6 p.m. in PSU 400. Refreshments will be available!!! Please advertise this to all of you graduate students as a place to grab a bite to eat and have some quiet study time.
- DUE NOW – – Spring 2013 Applications for Graduation
- April 22, 2013 – – Thesis deadline for submission to the Graduate College
- May 9, 2013 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- May 17, 2013 – – Commencement (10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.).
- 10:00 AM Ceremony: CHHS, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
- 1:30 PM Ceremony: COB
- 5:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, COE and CHPA
New Graduate Student Orientation
Approximately 80 students attended the Spring orientation on Friday, Jan. 11.
Graduate Student Senate
Information on upcoming meetings and events can be found at http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm .
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. For pictures and information from the 2012 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/IDF.htm.
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- Thesis Writing 101. Thursday, January 24, 2013, 4:00 to 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will focus on research requirements of the Graduate College, specifically deling with formatting requirements for writing a thesis. The session will include hints on how to avoid some of the common pitfalls in thesis writing.
- How to Write an Abstract. Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions on how to write an abstract. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare abstracts for their theses and for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held April 27, 2013
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.