Important Student related funding deadlines
- Thesis Funding: SP13 deadline – Friday, February 18. Information at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/thesis_information.htm.
- Student Travel Funding: Information and application can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/studentfunding.htm. Note that the completed application needs to be received at least 2 weeks prior to the travel date.
International Teaching Assistants
Remember that all TA’s who come from countries where English is not an official language must meet additional requirements, including an oral test of English within the discipline. See the Graduate Catalog under Graduate Assistants for more information.
Graduate Student Senate
Meetings are open to all, and are scheduled on the last Tuesday of each month from 3:30 – 5:30 I PSU 317B. Additional information on upcoming meetings and events can be found at http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm .
Graduate Student Study Break
Beginning in January, Study Break times are available on most Monday’s from 3-6 p.m. in PSU 400. Refreshments will be available!!! Please advertise this to all of you graduate students as a place to grab a bite to eat and have some quiet study time. The next few dates include February 25, March 18 and March 25.
Graduate Student Senate Speaker Series
The GSS is currently looking for speakers for a lecture series next fall on topics related to graduate students and their interests. Volunteers and nominations would be appreciated.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. The abstract submission page is open. Faculty judges are needed in 3 categories: oral, poster and performance. For pictures and information from the 2012 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/IDF.htm.
Graduate College Recruitment Spring Schedule
Misty Stewart (or other Graduate College representatives) will be attending the following recruitment events. Please contact Misty (66079) if you are interested in attending along with her.
- Univ. of AR Career Fair Feb. 14
- Evangel University Spring Career Fair Feb. 20
- St. Louis U. Spring Graduate & Career Fair Feb. 20
- College of the Ozarks Career Day Feb. 21
- MSU Career Expo Feb. 26
- Northeastern State University Feb. 27
- Univ. of Central Arkansas Job Fair Mar. 6
- MSSU Spring Career Fair – Joplin, MO Mar. 7
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Mar. 14
- Harris-Stowe State University Mar. 19
- MSSU visit day at MSU Mar. 20
- MSU-MBA Open House Mar. 21
- MSSU Biomedical Career Fair Apr. 3
- Lincoln University Apr. 4
- MSU Education Day Apr. 9
- St. Joseph Career Fair Apr. 16
- DUE NOW – – Spring 2013 Applications for Graduation
- April 22, 2013 – – Thesis deadline for submission to the Graduate College
- May 9, 2013 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- May 17, 2013 – – Commencement (10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.).
- 10:00 AM Ceremony: CHHS, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
- 1:30 PM Ceremony: COB
- 5:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, COE and CHPA
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- How to Write an Abstract. Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions on how to write an abstract. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare abstracts for their theses and for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held April 27, 2013
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.