Graduate College Dean Search
McNair Scholar Assistantships
The Graduate College will fund 1-2 graduate assistantship positions per year to graduate students who were McNair Scholars as undergraduates, and are now pursuing a graduate degree or certificate at Missouri State University. These assistantships will be at the higher level (currently $9,928), and will be for two years of support (1 year for graduate certificates) as long as eligibility requirements are met. Graduate students in disciplines identified by the state of Missouri as areas of high need (for example, STEM fields, healthcare, criminology, special education, etc.) are particularly encouraged to apply. Application information available at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/McNair_Assistantships.htm. Application deadline for receipt of all information is APRIL 1.
Graduate Recruitment Mini-Grants
The Graduate College is soliciting applications for a spring round of Graduate Recruitment Mini-grants. These awards, up to $2,000 (90% Graduate College funding and 10% department/program funding) support activities to increase the number and/or quality of applicants to the respective graduate programs. The deadline is APRIL 1 and application information is available at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradRecruitmentGrants.htm. FA12 grant recipients included: Athletic Training, Biology, Business Administration, Communication, Defense and Strategic Studies, Early Childhood, Health Administration, Health Promotion and Wellness Management, Literacy, Mathematics, Nursing and Religious Studies.
Outstanding Graduate Assistant Awards
The deadline for nominations for the GA Awards is MARCH 18th. To nominate a GA, please visit http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GraduateAssistantAwards.htm.
Graduate Student Senate
Meetings are open to all, and are scheduled on the last Tuesday of each month from 3:30 – 5:30 in PSU 317B. Additional information on upcoming meetings and events can be found at http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm .
Graduate Student Study Break
Study breaks are scheduled on March 18 and March 25 from 3-6 p.m. in PSU 400. Refreshments will be available!!! Please advertise this to all of you graduate students as a place to grab a bite to eat and have some quiet study time.
Graduate Student Senate Speaker Series
The GSS is currently looking for speakers for a lecture series next fall on topics related to graduate students and their interests. Volunteers and nominations would be appreciated.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. The abstract submission page is open. The deadline for abstracts is APRIL 1. Faculty judges are needed in 3 categories: oral, poster and performance. Information and submission materials can be found at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/idf.htm.
Graduate College Recruitment Spring Schedule
Misty Stewart (or other Graduate College representatives) will be attending the following recruitment events. Please contact Misty (66079) if you are interested in attending along with her.
- MSSU Spring Career Fair – Joplin, MO Mar. 7
- University of Arkansas-Fort Smith Mar. 14
- Harris-Stowe State University Mar. 19
- MSSU visit day at MSU Mar. 20
- MSU-MBA Open House Mar. 21
- MSSU Biomedical Career Fair Apr. 3
- Lincoln University Apr. 4
- MSU Education Day Apr. 9
- St. Joseph Career Fair Apr. 16
- DUE NOW – – Spring 2013 Applications for Graduation
- April 22, 2013 – – Thesis deadline for submission to the Graduate College
- May 9, 2013 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- May 17, 2013 – – Commencement (10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.).
- 10:00 AM Ceremony: CHHS, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
- 1:30 PM Ceremony: COB
- 5:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, COE and CHPA
Graduate Student Workshops
Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- How to Write an Abstract. Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions on how to write an abstract. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare abstracts for their theses and for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held April 27, 2013
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.