- DUE NOW – – Spring 2013 Applications for Graduation. Please note that students who apply now will NOT have their names in the program.
- April 22, 2013 – – Thesis deadline for submission to the Graduate College
- May 9, 2013 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- May 17, 2013 – – Commencement (10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.).
- 10:00 AM Ceremony: CHHS, CNAS and Darr School of Agriculture
- 1:30 PM Ceremony: COB
- 5:00 PM Ceremony: COAL, COE and CHPA
McNair Scholar Information
- The McNair Assistantship was awarded to Cheyenne Gerdes who will be a student in the MS, Biology program.
- The Graduate College is planning a scholarship program for undergraduate students who would meet the undergraduate requirements to be a McNair Scholar. Details will be released in the next week with a deadline of May 1. The funds will be available for the fall semester and eligibility will be similar to that for McNair Scholars.
Graduate Recruitment Mini-Grants
The following four graduate programs were recommended to receive funds to support their recruitment activities: Elementary Education, CSD, Nurse Anesthesia, Cell & Molecular Biology.
Graduate Student Senate
The next meeting is Tuesday, April 30, 3:30 – 5:30 in PSU 317B. Additional information on upcoming meetings and events can be found at http://organizations.missouristate.edu/gss/default.htm .
Graduate Student Study Break
Study breaks are scheduled on April 15, 22, 29 and May 6 & 13 3-6 p.m. in PSU 400. Refreshments will be available!!! Please advertise this to all of you graduate students as a place to grab a bite to eat and have some quiet study time.
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum
The date for the 2013 will Saturday, April 27, 2013. Faculty judges are needed – especially for posters. Judges can indicate their times of availability or state they are not available during a certain poster of presentation. Please volunteer and provide information at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/idf.htm.
Graduate College Recruitment Spring Schedule
Misty Stewart (or other Graduate College representatives) will be attending one final recruitment events at St. Joseph Career Fair on April 16. Please contact Misty (66079) if you are interested in attending along with her.
Graduate Student Workshops
All workshops are open to undergraduate students as well as graduate students. Please RSVP at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/GradStudentWorkshops.htm
- Presentation Pointers: Oral and Poster Presentation Success. Tuesday, April 16, 2013, 4:00 – 5:00 pm., PSU 317A. Speaker: Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presenters. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum which will be held April 27, 2013.