Graduate College Virtual Fair. The Graduate College Virtual Fair on April 22 from 8am–8pm. Faculty can participate in the live chat rooms from any computer with internet access. (It is possible to access from your smart phone or a tablet, but it will be easier from a desktop or laptop.) Please contact Misty Stewart (PH: 417-836-6079), Graduate Recruitment Coordinator, for more information. She has invited 4,358 prospective students to attend the virtual fair.
As of 4/7/14, the following programs have signed up to participate
Autism Spectrum Disorders
Counseling and Assessment
Early Childhood & Family Development
Education of the Deaf & Hard of Hearing
Health Promotion & Wellness Management
Orientation & Mobility
Secondary Education (Physical Education)
Speech Language Pathology
Student Affairs in Higher Education
Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum. Saturday, May 3, 2014! For pictures and information from the 2013 Forum, please see http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/IDF.htm.
- FACULTY JUDGES ARE NEEDED.
- Please register at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/IDFJudgeRegister.htm.
- STUDENT VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED.
- Please register at http://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/IDFVolunteerRegister.htm.
Graduate Scholarship for Enhancing Diversity. Deadline has been extended to April 30. See http://www.missouristate.edu/FinancialAid/scholarships/Graduate.htm for information.
- Applications for Graduation – – apply ASAP – students who apply now will not be in the program.
- April 21, 2014 – – Deadline for submission of a Thesis to the Graduate College.
- April 21, 2014 – – Deadline for submission of Seminar Report Form to Grad College.
- May 8, 2014 – – Deadline for submission of Comprehensive Exam Result Form to the Grad. College.
- May 16, 2014 – – Commencement (10:00 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 5:00 p.m.).
Surveys across campus. The Office of Institutional Research is collecting information on surveys being done across campus. These can be surveys of prospective students, current students or alumni. Please send information and a copy of the survey to Michelle Olsen (MOlsen@missouristate.edu) with a cc to Ham881@live.missouristate.edu.
Graduate Student Study Break. Study breaks are scheduled on Mondays from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. in PSU 400. Refreshments will be available!!! Please advertise this to all of you graduate students as a place to grab a bite to eat and have some quiet study time.
Graduate Student Senate. The next Graduate Student Senate meeting is May 1, 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. in PSU 308C.
Graduate Student Workshop:
- Giving a Presentation. 3:30-5:00 p.m. Wednesday, April 23, 2014. PSU 308 A. Speaker: Dr. Tom Tomasi, Associate Dean of the Graduate College and Biology Professor. This session will include suggestions and examples of successful presentation techniques for both oral and poster presentations. This session is intended to assist students as they prepare for the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum, which will be held on May 3, 2014, but this session is also open to any graduate student.