During Homecoming week this semester, students voted overwhelmingly to pass a referendum to build a new health and wellness center.
Benefits of the new health and wellness center
- Double the space available for health care and wellness teaching
- Provide increased comfort, services and privacy for our patients
- House the Student Counseling Center
- Feature a convenient drive-through pharmacy
- Establish a Women’s Health Center
- Give free strep, mono, CBC, and urinalysis testing for students—done in the Taylor lab
- Offer free Sports Medicine Clinic evaluations for students by a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Expand hours to include an evening clinic and a Saturday morning clinic
- Dedicate a Travel Clinic—with free consultation services for students
- Allow consultant space for clinics, such as dermatology, gynecology, orthopedics, dietetics, diabetic counseling, psychiatry, and others
Open during construction
The current Taylor will be de-constructed early in the fall of 2016 and new construction will commence.
During this time, full clinical, pharmacy and wellness services will continue across the street in the first floor of the Monroe Apartments.
The Monroe Apartments are LEED certified, built with security in mind, and have a front desk staff 24 hours per day.
Watch for more details about this project as we build a new medical home for the Missouri State University community.