On March 12, the Health and Wellness Center will move into a new building at 715 S. Florence Ave. (next to the bookstore).
Accessing the new facility
Patients are welcome on the following schedule:
- Monday, March 12: walk-in patients only
- Tuesday, March 13: regular appointments begin
Hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. during the first week (spring break). Open Monday, March 12 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Please enter through the construction entrance off Florence Avenue. Patients may park in designated rows of lot 29.
The three-story facility is nearly 39,000 square feet. It will offer many services to the campus community.
- Women’s health center
- Sports medicine clinic
- Drive-through pharmacy (coming soon)
- Immediate care clinic
- Mental health counseling services
- Primary care, including routine checkups and preventative services
- Full-service pharmacy
- Treatment clinic for vaccinations, allergy shots and many other services and screenings
- On-site laboratory that can draw blood, take throat cultures and more
- Mental health care
- Radiology, including on-site X-rays
- Specialist care in areas including athletic training, diabetes education, dietetics and nutrition, gynecology, orthopedics, psychiatry, travel medicine, tobacco cessation and more
- Student and employee wellness programs
- Physicals for jobs and Peace Corps
We appreciate our supporters who helped make these new areas possible.
Dr. Lisa Drabinowicz Center
Dr. Richard Biagioni has been a chemistry professor at MSU since 1989. He named the Dr. Lisa Drabinowicz Center in honor of his late wife. Drabinowicz served at the MSU health center from 1990 until Oct. 15, 1994, when she was killed in a car crash by a drunken driver. Drabinowicz initiated the first women’s clinic at the MSU Health Center.
Bee Payne-Stewart Foundation Wellness Suite
A wellness suite is named in honor of a gift from the Bee Payne-Stewart Foundation. The foundation supports organizations in Missouri, with an emphasis on the Springfield community. Several members of the Stewart family are proud Bears.
Sunderland Foundation Grand Lobby
The grand lobby on the first floor is named in honor of the Sunderland Foundation in Overland Park, Kansas. The Sunderland Foundation is a long-time supporter of higher education and healthcare. It focuses on bricks and mortar projects.