Magers Family Health and Wellness Center is a registered COVID-19 vaccination site.
These vaccinations will be held for Missouri State University students, employees, household members, and retirees and who fall into these categories approved by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services:
- Healthcare Workers
- Long-Term Care Facility Staff and Residents
- Home Health
- Urgent Care
- Vaccination Staff
- Congregate Community
- School Nurses
- Dental Office Staff
- Mental/Behavior Health Providers
- and more
Phase 1B – Tier 1
- Public Health Administrators and Staff
- Law Enforcement
- Fire Services
- Emergency Management
- Public Works
- Emergency Services
- Morticians, Embalmers, etc.
- and more
Phase 1B – Tier 2
- Anyone aged 65 and older
- Any adults with cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, COPD, Heart Conditions, weakened immune system due to organ transplant, severe obesity (BMI >40), pregnancy, Sickle Cell Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, or individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome.
For more information about the COVID‑19 Vaccine, please visit the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
Before you receive your COVID‑19 vaccination, please review the FDA fact sheet for recipients and caregivers.
If you are a Missouri State University student, employee, household member, or retiree who meets one of these MDHSS guidelines, and are interested in signing-up for the Covid-19 vaccination at Magers:
- Active MSU employees, students, and emeriti retired employees should enroll for COVID-19 vaccinations at the MyHealth Portal on the Magers webpage. If anyone needs help with their sign-on or password, please contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 417-836-5891.
- Household members, non-emeriti retired employees, and approved guests should enroll by calling the Magers reception desk at 417-836-4000. These enrollees will need to complete a paper enrollment when they arrive at Magers for their COVID-19 vaccination.
- Vaccination schedules will be opened a few days ahead, as vaccine supplies become available. We are not assured yet of a weekly vaccine supply, so we cannot currently support long-term enrollment for future COVID-19 vaccinations, such as the 3 week follow-up vaccination for the second immunization.
As of right now, we do not have the COVID-19 second dose. If you received your first dose at another location, you will need to get your second vaccine at the location you received your first. We will share when we receive the COVID-19 vaccine second dose and when those appointments can be made.
Stay up to date on our COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics here.