Magers will begin Third Dose Pfizer Covid-19 Vaccinations on 8/17/2021, by appointment, for patients with moderate to severe immune compromise.
The Third Dose Pfizer vaccination is only for ~ 3% of the US population who are moderately to severely immunocompromised. Magers will follow the CDC guidelines for these vaccinations, which is only for people who meet the following CDC guidelines:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood, or
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system, or
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system, or
- Have moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome), or
- Have advanced or untreated HIV infection, or
- Have active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress the immune system.
The Third Dose Pfizer vaccination should occur, at least 28 days after the patient’s Second Dose Pfizer vaccination.
The appointment can be made on the Magers MyHealth portal webpage, by the patient if they meet these CDC guidelines.