Greetings Bears! With registration for spring classes around the corner (October 30), we thought we would let you know about some of the exciting courses that will be offered next semester in our undergraduate program.
For those interested in US history, the department will be offering variety of different survey courses, including:
- HST 312 History of American Baseball with Dr. McIntyre.
- HST 313 American Cultural History with Dr. Gram.
- HST 315 American Military History with Dr. Neely.
- HST 324 Women in American History with Dr. Baggett.
For those looking for upper level seminars on US history, there will also be a number of different opportunities. These include:
- HST 536, History of the American South with Dr. W. Miller.
- HST 517 Legal and Constitutional History of the United States with Dr. T. Miller.
- HST 536 History of Missouri with Dr. Barber.
For those interested in global affairs, there will also be a wide selection of courses from which to choose at both the 300 and 500 level. These include both regional and inter/trans-regional courses. In terms of surveys, we will be offering the following courses next semesters:
- HST 339 Africa and the Wider World with Dr. Oyeniyi.
- HST 351 History of Europe to 1650 with Dr. Nelson.
- HST 371 History of the Middle East since 1914 with Dr. Bajalan.
- HST 381 East Asian Civilization II with Dr. Mellors.
For those looking for upper level courses in world history, in terms of both regional and inter/trans-regional courses, there will also be a broad selection, including:
- HST 529 Plagues and Pandemics with Dr. Dicke.
- HST 532 History of Ancient Egypt with Dr. Troche.
- HST 562 Communism in Eastern Europe with Dr. Wroblewski.
- HST 563 History of Fascism with Dr. Panzer.
- HST 598 Senior Seminar (Medieval History) with Dr. Elliot.
There is a limit on the number of places in each course. Therefore, if there is a course you really want to take, make sure you register early!