This story was originally published on the Inside Missouri State blog.
Dr. Stephanie Hein, department head for hospitality leadership, is the 2018 recipient of the annual Greg Onstot Outstanding Achievement Award. Hein received a plaque and a cash award from the Missouri State Foundation for $1,200.
“Dr. Hein has been an engaged advocate and fundraiser for the university,” said Brent Dunn, vice president for university advancement. “She recognizes the importance of development and the relationships with alumni, donors and industry partners. She has dedicated much of her time to creating and fostering these relationships.”
Hein has been very involved in the Hospitality Leadership Career Fair and the Hospitality Leadership Wine Tasting and Silent Auction, hosted by the Hospitality Leadership Board of Advisors. Hein is very active with the Board of Advisors and works to create new relationships and maintain existing ones with alumni, friends and donors.
To be selected, recipients must demonstrate a strong work ethic, positive attitude and significant achievements during the year. Examples of exceptional achievements include:
- Having a lead role in securing a major gift
- Initiating or having a lead role in a new project
- Finding a new donor through new and/or persistent data mining
- Having a lead role in a major successful event
- Increasing the contact with alumni and donors of a particular unit
- Completing extraordinary travel to meet alumni and donors
- Receiving consistent and significant positive feedback from donors as a result of work completed
This award is named for Greg Onstot, who served Missouri State University for 25 years and retired in 2007 as vice president for university advancement. The annual award allows Missouri State to recognize a faculty or staff member who has made significant contributions to its development and alumni relations programs.