Organizational and Talent Development is pleased to offer three Microsoft Office courses – Excel 1, Excel 2 and Word 2 – free of charge to University employees.
Register through My Learning Connection in My Missouri State. Limited seating is available.
Questions? HRLearning@missouristate.edu – 836-7683
Excel 2016: Part 1
February 13, 2019 – 8:30 to 12:30 – Cheek Hall 100
This course is designed to establish a foundational understanding of electronic spreadsheet design including the ability to organize, calculate, analyze, revise, and update data.
• Explore the Excel environment
• Perform calculations using formulas and functions
• Modify a worksheet
• Format a worksheet
• Print worksheets
• Manage workbooks
Excel 2016: Part 2
February 28, 2019 – 8:30 to 12:30 – Cheek Hall 100
This course is designed to deepen your understanding of analyzing massive amounts of data and extract actionable information from it. To ensure your success in this course, you should have strong Excel skills or have completed Excel 2016 Part 1.
• Work with specialized functions
• Create and manage list.
• Analyze data with tables and conditional formatting
• Visualize data with charts
• Use PivotTables and PivotCharts
Word 2016: Part 2
February 7, 2019 – 8:30-12:30 – Cheek Hall 100
Features taught in Word Part 2 enable you to create complex and professional documents with a consistent look and feel. They also enable you to automate tedious tasks such as preparing a letter to send to every customer of your organization. Creating professional-looking documents can help you give your organization a competitive edge. Implementing time-saving features such as document templates and automated mailings helps your organization reduce expenses. Mastering these techniques will make you a valued employee in your organization. To ensure your success in this course, you should have strong Word skills or have completed Word 2016 Part 1.
- Organize content using tables and charts
- Customize formats using styles and themes
- Insert content using quick parts
- Use templates to automate document formatting
- Control the flow of a document
- Simplify and manage long documents
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels