It’s time to begin thinking about your health care plans for 2023.
Flu/COVID booster vaccinations
In order to reduce the impact of COVID and influenza on our workforce, full-time employees enrolled on the Health Plan will qualify for the full 2023 wellness incentive by completing the following:
- The COVID bi-valent booster (or original series if not previously completed, or previous booster) between Jan. 1, 2022, – Dec. 1, 2022.
- And flu vaccination between Aug. 1, 2022, – Dec. 1, 2022.
Completion of an annual flu vaccination will account for $15 of your wellness incentive for those full-time employees on the Health plan. Flu shots are a covered service under the Health plan.
Completion of a Booster COVID bi-valent vaccination (or original series if not previously completed, or previous booster) will account for $15 of your wellness incentive for those full-time employees on the Health plan. COVID bi-valent vaccinations are a covered service under the Health plan.
Schedule your vaccinations
- Sept. 19 – Dec. 1 – Flu/COVID vaccinations available at Magers Health and wellness by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
- Oct. 10 – Flu/ COVID vaccination clinic Mountain Grove Campus, 9:30 – 11 a.m. by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
- Oct. 12 – Flu/ COVID vaccination clinic at West Plains campus, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
- Oct. 18 – Flu/COVID vaccination clinic downtown at the Meyer Alumni Center, 1 – 3:30 p.m. by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
- Oct. 26- Flu/COVID vaccination clinic on Springfield campus in the PSU-Grand Ballroom, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
- Oct. 27 – Flu/COVID vaccination clinic at West Plains campus, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. by appointment only. Contact Magers for details/times.
Employees who are unable to undergo COVID and/or flu vaccination due to disability, medical contraindication, or sincerely held religious belief may seek a reasonable accommodation by contacting Julia Holmes, Deputy Compliance Officer, at JuliaHolmes@MissouriState.edu or (417) 836-6755.
If an employee’s request for an accommodation is approved, the employee will be permitted to earn the full wellness incentive by completing biometrics.
Employees who were previously granted an accommodation with respect to the 2022 wellness incentive must resubmit their request for 2023.
All requests for accommodation must be received on or before Nov. 1, 2022. Requests received after that day will be denied as untimely.
All employees are encouraged to undergo annual biometric screening, which is a covered preventative service under the Health plan.
Additionally, employees who have received an approved accommodation to the 2023 wellness incentive program will be permitted to earn the full $30/month incentive by completing biometrics in lieu of vaccination.
Schedule your biometric screening
- Happening now – Biometric screenings available at Magers Health and wellness by appointment only.
- Oct. 27 – West Plains Campus, 10 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. (provided by Magers) by appointment only.
- Nov. 2 – Springfield campus in the PSU-Room 308, 7 – 10 a.m. (provided by Mercy) by appointment only.
Employees and covered dependents, enrolled in the critical illness insurance coverage are eligible to receive a $100 wellness reimbursement for covered wellness/preventative care related activities, including biometric screening.
*Reimbursement under critical illness plan is payable even when service is provided at no cost.
- Oct. 26 – Springfield in the PSU, 11 a.m. -3 p.m.
- Oct. 27 – West Plains Student Rec Center, 1 – 4 p.m.
- Nov. 1 – Dec. 1 – virtual.
The live health and benefits fairs will feature various vendors.
The virtual benefit fair will run concurrent with benefits open enrollment.
More details about both the live and virtual events will be available in future HR Blogs.
Benefits Open Enrollment
Don’t miss out on open enrollment. This year, it must be completed between Nov. 1 – Dec. 1, 2022.
Be sure to complete your benefit open enrollment review to review current elections to ensure accuracy, make benefit changes, and enroll 2023 Cafeteria/Flexible spending elections.
The Mercy Wellness On Tour Bus will be available at Missouri State University:
- Sept. 21, Springfield campus.
- Jan. 30, 2023, Springfield campus.
For more information, including patient criteria, visit the Magers Health & wellness center/ Mammogram bus site or contact Jerilyn Reed at 417-836-4045.
MOSER’s ready to retire seminar
If you’re ready to retire, register for this seminar.
- Oct. 5, West Plains campus at Kellet Hall 101, 9 a.m. – noon.
- Oct. 12, Springfield campus in PSU-Ballroom East, 1-4 p.m.
- Oct. 13, Springfield campus in PSU-Ballroom East, 9 a.m. – noon.
Seating is limited. If you have not already registered, now is the time.
MOSER’s has webinars available as well.
Registration closes two (2) weeks before webinars and one (1) week before in-person seminars.
Once you have registered, confirmation and reminders will be sent.
MOdeferred Comp 1 on 1 meetings
Schedule your 1 on 1 meeting with Ronda Peterson to establish your savings goals, review your account, or enroll in the plan.
- Oct. 5 – Springfield campus in Carrington 315, 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Employee wellness activities
Tale advantage of employee wellness options.
Mercy Wellness Lunch and Learns
- Sept. 21 – Zoom, 12:15 -1 p.m.
- Oct. 12 – Zoom, 12:15 -1 p.m.
- Nov. 16 – Zoom, 12:15 -1 p.m.
- Oct. 25 – Kampeter Health Sciences Hall 426, 5:15 – 6:30 p.m.
Missouri Mental Health Foundations presentation
- Sept. 20 – Zoom, 12:15 – 1 p.m.
- Multiple sessions and dates: Sept. 14 – Nov. 30.
- Multiple sessions and dates: Sept. 7 – Sept. 28.
For more information about employee wellness activities, visit the Employee wellness site or contact Galen Martin at 417-836-4064.