Deadline for Wellness discount and benefit changes is next week.
Open enrollment ends Dec 1.
Open enrollment is the annual period during which you can elect/decline/or make changes to your medical, dental, vision, and cafeteria/flexible spending plans for the upcoming calendar year. (Flexible spending elections must be elected annually). Additionally, the open enrollment allowed guaranteed issue elections for term life insurance and for enrollment into our NEW Short term disability plan. Open enrollment for the 2023 benefits year will end Dec. 1, 2022.
Do I need to do to complete open enrollment?
Even if you do not wish to make changes you should complete open enrollment to review your plans for accuracy, verify your personal information is up to date, and make sure you have your beneficiaries updated.
Enrollment in the cafeteria (flexible spending) plan is outside of the open enrollment system. Flexible spending elections must be made yearly. Enroll with Asiflex.
How do I complete open enrollment?
You may call 877-282-0808 or 417-836-3000 to have a benefit counselor assist you over the phone, or you may complete electronically through my Missouri state portal
- Log in to My Missouri State
- Select the Profile tab.
- In the Employment Details section, select Online Benefits Enrollment
How do I receive my Health premium discount?
Save up to $360 on your annual health insurance premiums!
- COVID-19 Vaccine or booster (booster or newly completed original regimen must be received/completed between 1.1.22-12.1.22): qualifies for $15 per month discount.
- Seasonal Flu vaccine shot (vaccination must be completed received/ competed between 8.1.22- 12.1.22): qualifies for $15 per month discount.
- Both vaccinations must be administered prior to December 1, 2022 to qualify for the maximum $30 per month health insurance premium discount.
- For employees to receive credit for their wellness incentive email email@example.com.
Still have benefits questions?
Visit our Virtual benefit fair, interact, and be entered to win prizes. Additional questions can be directed to the HR-Benefits team.
2023 Benefit Changes
New voluntary benefit provided by Allstate provides comprehensive financial and identity monitory to help protect you and your covered household against the impact of Identity theft.
- Monitory your financial accounts for fraud and protect your identity
- Get real-time alerts notifying you when your data may be compromised
- 24/7, full-service remediation and support
- up to $1 million in identity theft expense coverage and $500,000 in stolen funds reimbursement
- Individual and Family coverage options.
Supplemental Term life:
Employees already enrolled in the supplemental term life insurance coverage can elect to increase their coverage by one benefit level provided the increase does not exceed $300,000 in supplemental coverage without answering medical questions.
- If you have not previously enrolled in supplemental term life insurance, select a change of current coverage exceeding $300,000 in supplemental coverage, or elect a coverage level higher than one benefit option above your current life insurance, you will be required to answer medical questions and be approved by the insurance carrier before additional coverage would be effective.
2nd year for short-term disability coverage:
Short term disability pays you benefits to replace a portion of the income if you’re unable to work due to an illness or off-the-job injury. This benefit offering is a supplemental coverage in addition to the robust sick, vacation, and leave options offered by the university.
- Payment, based on medical necessity, is paid up to employee’s ability to return to work or Long-term disability eligibility
- Pre-existing conditions have minimum allowed amount of 4 weeks.
- Pre-existing limitation does not apply after coverage in force for 1 year.
- Guaranteed issue during open enrollment means no medical questions.
- Does not offset other income
- 2 coverage levels allow you to choose the option that fits your needs and works with your budget.
Reduced VSP vision plan rates:
Rates across both Vision Service Plans (VSP) were reduced, and rate guaranteed for the next 4 years.
|Base EE $7.46||Premium EE $13.04|
|Base EE + Spouse/Domestic partner $14.75||Premium EE + spouse/domestic partner $25.47|
|Base EE + child(ren) $15.83||Premium EE + child(ren) $27.35|
|Base EE + Family $23.53||Premium EE + Family $40.65|
See the open enrollment FAQ’s for additional information or contact HRBenefits@missouristate.edu
Stay up to date with all HR news by following the HR Blog.