The Missouri State University Board of Governors voted Aug. 6 to grant the University Leadership Chair to Suzanne Shaw, vice president for marketing and communications, and Steve Foucart, chief financial officer.
The designation is for two years and each will receive $5,000 per year in supplemental pay.
Shaw has served as vice president for marketing and communications since 2014. Foucart has been chief financial officer since 2013 and worked in other positions at the university since 2008.
The Board of Governors established the University Leadership Chair in 2008 under the leadership of Mary Sheid. The Board awards the endowed chair to a member of the university’s central administration who has demonstrated superb leadership. Previous recipients include:
- Dr. Jim Baker, vice president for research and economic development and international programs
- Ryan DeBoef, chief of staff and assistant to the president for governmental relations
- Rachael Dockery, general counsel and chief compliance officer
- Dr. Frank Einhellig, provost
- Steve Foucart, chief financial officer
- Wes Pratt, chief diversity officer and assistant to the president