A lot happens when you arrive in Springfield, Missouri as an international student. Make sure you’re ready to begin your studies at Missouri State University. Complete these steps before you travel to the United States to make life easier.
New International Student Pre-Arrival Checklist
- Register for New International Student Orientation.
- Sign up for airport pick-up and/or temporary housing on our Airport Pick-Up Request form.
- Set up your my.missouristate.edu account including your BearPass login and your student email account. Check this email account regularly.
- Complete Online Immigration Training on Blackboard. You must complete step 3 above to have access to this training.
- Schedule your TB test.
- Complete Haven Training (through your my.missouristate.edu account).
- If you are a first-time college student, entering Missouri State as a freshman, register for SOAR.
- If you are a transfer student, review resources available and contact your advisor to register for classes.
- If you are a graduate student, register for Graduate Student Orientation and contact the advisor listed on your admission recommendation form sent with your admission letter to register for classes.
- If you are a non-degree seeking student, you only need to complete steps 1-6.
- If you are an EMBA student, skip steps 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10 and contact Xiao’ou Gong with any questions.