Maintaining close relationships with partners around the world continues to be a valuable and important tool for program development and recruitment. November saw members of the Board of Governors, university administration, and Student Government Association leaders travel to China to represent Missouri State University.
- Board of Governor Craig Frazier
- Board of Governor Gregory Spears
- President Clifton M. Smart III
- Vice President for International Programs Dr. Jim Baker
- Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Dee Siscoe
- Associate Vice President for International Education and Training Brad Bodenhausen
- Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development Allen Kunkel
- Interim Dean of College of Business Dr. David Meinert
- Professor of Music Dr. John Prescott
- Coordinator of China Programs Tami Sutton
- China Operations Specialist Dandan Liu
- China Operations Specialist Peng Zhang
- Missouri State University – Springfield Student Body President Isaiah Villarreal
LNU-MSU Dalian Branch Campus Visit
The delegation visited the LNU-MSU College of International Business October 31.
Missouri State officials met with Liaoning Normal University President Li and the LNU-MSU leadership team to discuss budgets and finances. The delegation also had the opportunity to meet with LNU-MSU faculty, staff, and students.
MSU-QU 20th Anniversary Celebration of Partnership at Qingdao University
This momentous celebration occurred on November 1 in Qingdao, China.
Twenty Years of Friendship, Building a Brighter Future, Together
President Smart and Qingdao University President Xia signed a new agreement for a 3+1+1 masters degree in education, marking the beginning of another strong academic partnership.
Tami Sutton received a plaque from President Xia recognizing her outstanding contribution to the international exchange & cooperation between Missouri State and Qingdao University. This honor recognizes her work to help countless students from the US study at Qingdao University.
Missouri State alumni shared their experiences at Missouri State during the anniversary celebration. A major highlight was the impact the International Friends program made on them during their time in Springfield.
Ningxia University Visit
A quick bit of travel saw the delegation in Ningxia, China on November 2.
Missouri State officials met with Ningxia University leadership team. President Smart received a painting of the first building of Ningxia University from Ningxia University’s President He.
The group also hosted a alumni event in Ningxia, where around 100 alumni and friends shared happy memories of their time at Missouri State.
Ningxia Forestry Institute Visit
President Smart renewed a 15-year training and research agreement with Director Li on November 2.
He also presented a plaque to Director Li, commemorating the partnership between Missouri State and Ningxia Forestry Institute.