The purpose of the Online Global Goals Academy is to simultaneously increase all four English skills AND deepen student understanding of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (Global Goals) through a hands-on interactive program that will engage students in their own research and demonstrate how leaders are addressing the Goals in the Springfield, Missouri community.
As we have come to learn, we are all deeply connected. What happens in one part of the world has an impact on us, too. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Global Goals) shine a light on critical issues affecting people everywhere. The Global Goals provide a roadmap to
- END POVERTY
- PROTECT THE PLANET, and
- ensure PEACE and PROSPERITY.
Reasons to join the Global Goals Academy
- Elevate your English – intermediate to advanced learners welcome!
- Engage with other scholars from around the world and from MSU
- Get your official Cambridge English proficiency score (Linguaskill Exam)
- Conduct your own research with guidance from MSU instructors
- Earn a certificate for your educational portfolio
- Become an SDG Goal Keeper in your own community
Dates: February 16 – March 5, 2021 (3-week program).
Deadline to apply: January 15, 2020.
Days and time: Monday to Friday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm (U.S. Central Time).
Required level: A self-reported A2 (High Beginner) or higher level of English is recommended for participation in this program. (based on the Common European Framework).
Pre-Program Asynchronous Instruction: Article and video assignments, introductory discussion posts on Blackboard, vocabulary development activities. Self-guided initial exploration of potential research project topics.
Cost: USD $1,500
- 60 hours of Face-to-Face classes delivered in English
- Virtual tours of places of social impact in Springfield, Missouri
- Additional asynchronous learning activities
- All educational materials (no additional textbooks are required)
- Mentor-guided research project and final presentation
- (2) Cambridge English proficiency test score reports (Linguaskill). One administered before and one after the program
- Program Completion Certificate from Missouri State University