Position: Non-Paid College/University Internship
To Apply: Visit www.commpartnership.org/internship and submit your resume and cover letter outlining your experience, qualifications, and reasons for applying to this internship. No phone calls please.
Deadline to Apply: August 15, 2016
Job Summary: The Multimedia/Communications intern will work with the Office of Communications to meet deadlines for multiple projects and assist the Director of Communications (DOC) in delivering the mission, vision, and values of Community Partnership of the Ozarks to the community.
Reporting Responsibilities: The Multimedia/Communications intern reports to the Director of Communications or the management team in the event of the DOC’s absence.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post content to the organization’s multiple websites
- Assist in the design of posters, flyers, and various other forms of print advertising
- Assist in the shooting, editing and overall production of video projects
- Attend planning meetings with the DOC
- Ability to work with people from all socio-economic levels and backgrounds
- Adhere to the values set forth by Community Partnership of the Ozarks and understand that you may be acting as a representative for the agency at any time
Skills & Experience: The Multimedia/Communications intern should have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to communicate with others and show respect to their ideas and needs
- The ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities
- Commitment to Community Partnership’s mission, values, and goals
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work both independently and within a team, and collaborate with other agencies
- Able to manage multiple tasks/projects/programs
- Computer and internet literate; experience with Microsoft Office, Desktop Publishing software and internet research; email communication a must;
- Graphic design experience a plus
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro is a plus
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
- Experience with shooting, writing, and editing video is a plus
Additional Information: The Office of Communications is a fast-paced environment where duties changes from one day to the next. Being able to think fast while staying organized is critical to the success of this department. A normal day may include writing a press release, making web updates, designing print materials, shooting/editing/producing video series, updating social media, appearing at events held by the organization, and more. Getting the job complete on deadline is also very important to the work that is done in this office. If you are a self-starter and are looking for a great place to build your resume or portfolio while serving the community, you are encouraged to apply.
Community Partnership of the Ozarks is an Equal Opportunity Employer