Marketing & Events Intern
The Marketing & Events Intern position is responsible to assist with coordination of several events and programs benefiting the SRC companies throughout the organization. In addition, this position will research and recommend ideas for optimizing our website utilization & social media presence.
Reports To: Krisi Schell, Organizational Development Manager
Key Relationships: Managers, peers, outside resources
Number & Title of Direct Reports: None
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Duration/Hours per week: 3 months / 20+ hours; M-F 8am-5pm
Benefits Non-Eligible: Requiring hours of service that may vary above and below an average of 30 hours of service per week
- Assist with coordination of Intern Program across SRC Divisions
- Assist with coordination and communication for SRC’s Wealth & Wellness Day
- Research and recommended strategies and ideas to optimize web and social media presence.
- Implement innovative ideas and strategies for talent attraction and employee communication
- Set strategy and execute successfully for projects as assigned
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Pursues an attitude of learning and development
- Performs other duties as assigned
KEY BUSINESS MEASURES:
- Completion of assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Increased business, marketing, and communication knowledge base
- Contagious enthusiasm
- College junior level or above pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent study.
- Progressively responsible work experience preferred.
- Must be an articulate, self-starter and have a high level of professionalism in appearance, performance and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage multiple priorities and workflow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to interact effectively with internal and external customers as well as business and community leaders.
- Advanced personal computer skills required, with specific experience with the following software packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must work well under pressure; be able to establish priorities and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to work autonomously with little direction.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Requires the desire to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training and education.
- Must be detailed oriented
Work is performed mostly in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of Haz/Com regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
Sitting 75%, standing/walking 25%. Calculate figures and amounts. Analyze financial data. Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds is required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
This description serves as a basic outline for the position, other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.